Suzanna shook her head, breaking herself out of her thoughts. She should not be daydreaming about the man next to her - although she had always been guilty of being a dreamer.

"There was a poor servant terribly flustered and behind in their work. I was not doing anything and offered to take over their current chore - carrying this bucket. But I did not realise how heavy it would be," Suzanna explained.

"You could have asked for help," Samuel responded. He looked a little annoyed and Suzanna frowned in confusion - was it really that much of a burden for him to assist her now?

"I was managing," she answered.

"But you could have been hurt," Samuel snapped.

"I was fine!" Suzanna replied, surprised by his sudden anger.

"You should not have tried to carry this; you need to be more careful."

Suzanna stared at him in shock, feeling a little peeved with him. "Excuse me, sir," she began in an irritated tone, irked. "What business do you have telling me what I should or should not do? You do not have the right to tell me off - whether I was or was not careful enough. I do not appreciate being spoken to in an angry manner by a knight, who - by the way - I hardly know."

Samuel opened his mouth, his eyes hurt, then clamped his jaw shut firmly. He looked away from her, clearly frustrated. "Forgive me for trying to protect you, my lady," he finally said. Suzanna frowned - how dare he try to make her appear like the unreasonable one!

"I do not wish to speak of this anymore," Suzanna muttered.

"Neither do I," he responded shortly. "Excuse me." He picked up his pace, faster than Suzanna could keep up with, and walked away from her with angry strides. Suzanna gaped at him - never had someone other than her family dared to order her about, act angrily, and walk away from her without so much as a goodbye.

She huffed and crossed her arms, watching his retreating figure.

"Well I hope I never have to speak to him again," she said aloud, pursing her lips. "What an intolerable young man." She turned around and stormed back to the castle, ranting under her breath the entire time.

She shook her head. What did it matter if a knight was impolite to her? She had more important things to worry about, and she would never have to talk to Samuel again if she did not wish it.

She marched right into the throne room, hoping to bump into her brother. He was speaking quietly to a couple, smiling and nodding when they spoke. He looked up when he noticed Suzanna waiting. Tristan bade the couple goodbye and headed over to Suzanna, who flopped on a nearby chair dramatically.

"What has happened now?" Tristan asked her, looking amused.

"That Samuel is just lovely company," Suzanna muttered in sarcasm.

"What do you mean?" Tristan asked, as he plopped onto the chair next to her. Suzanna wasted no time and told him the whole story.

"He ordered me around just like I was anybody!" Suzanna complained.

"He was just worried about you," Tristan said, patting her shoulder.

"Ha! Worried," she muttered.

"I am telling the truth. Samuel is very gentle and protective - he would not like to see any person doing something they were not capable of. If he was rude, it came from a good place. I promise."

Suzanna smiled softly - he may have treated her... differently, but perhaps his intentions were pure. She decided to push the whole argument to the back of her mind - she was overreacting. It did not matter if they had fought; perhaps she should not have told him off, either.