Chapter 43 - Opportunities

This was it, the work I wanted to lose myself in since I started this whole music thing. The business I wanted to get consumed in. This was it. I was finally doing all that I dreamed of, both with my poetry and with my music. 

In the past few weeks, I have been working with Mac to make the most amazing album. I used my poetry for the interludes. There are three interludes on the entire album but I was thinking of adding one more. I've been writing day and night; songs, poems, music. Aside from Ma, I've had very little communication with anyone else. I haven't done my hair in what feels like forever, I've only showered daily because Devin has literally pulled me out of the studio and thrown me into the shower. Devin's been making sure I eat too. 

I guess I was beginning to forget the very important parts of being a human. Sometimes I hold my breath when Mac plays the song we just finished because I feel like if I so much as breathe, i'll miss a part that could have been sung or rapped better. 

Devin reminds me to do that too. 

Mom gets out of the hospital some time this week, I asked them to keep her in there just for a few more days until I can get the place ready for her. I don't want her anywhere near our old house. It wasn't like our old house was all that anyway. I don't know why she loves that place so much. 

Flex has another two weeks at least. Mom says that he woke up yesterday but he is still very weak from such invasive surgery. He mumbles little words and that's something to be thankful for. Unlike Ma, Flex remembered everything immediately but he didn't cry. Something tells me he's been through worse. 

Blaco has been reaching out to me often with different ideas for features on the album. A lot of the features were other upcoming rappers but I turned all of them down. 

We sit in the conference room for the third time today alone. Blaco sits across from me with his laptop open and as he scrolls through possible features he glances at my face. I try to look at least optimistic but I don't think it works because the tenth time he looks up at me, he sighs deeply and leans back into his chair. 

"So you don't care for any of these people?" He asks in disbelief. 

I bite my bottom lip and turn the laptop to myself. I scroll down a few more names and glance over at what they were charging. 

"I don't think any of them fit the theme I'm trying to go for here, Blaco. None of them are catching my attention." I shrug and sit my chin on my palm. I use my other hand to scroll farther down the list. 

"What about a pop artist on the charts now?" He questions. 

"Like who?" I ask looking away from the list. 

"Hmm.. Mila London." He says with little thought. 

Mila London. I've only listened to a few of her records and it was by accident. They were playing Mila's songs one the radio nonstop a few months back, she was hot but not as hot as I currently am. She's mixed with black and white, her hair light brown and her skin tanned. Her green eyes and button nose as well as large pouting lips really had the media going insane. Even though her song was a bit played out, I had started seeing her face all over magazines and red carpets.

Blaco's face lit up. 

"Usually you would object by now. I see you thinking about it! This is good." He sings. 

I roll my eyes. 

"That doesn't mean I won't still object." I answer. 

"Yea, but what's there to object about Mila? She has a large fan base and it's growing, just like yours. You guys are the same age, you're both beautiful and easy to love. I think the fans would love to hear you collaborate. It would be a smart decision." Blaco finished.