Chapter 23 - Pop Off

It was time to make music and my inspiration was at an all time high. As soon I stepped food into the studio, Mac sat me down with his game face on. 

His hat is low on his head and he wears sweats and a perfectly snug sweater. The time was getting cold but my name was spreading in these streets. 

I spent the last few days thinking about my image as Mac had been telling me to do. When we sit down to talk, we go straight to the topic. 

"Your image has to be completely marketable and consistent at least for a few months to a year. When people hear the word Chanel, a certain  image or outfit should pop into their brain along with admiration and a thirst to be or be with you. So what were you thinking?" He ass, his hand stroking his chin. 

"I was thinking about the video that gave me the exposure. In that video I was rapping, it was fun and easy and it got the response we wanted." I answer. 

"So you were thinking, why not recreate that?" Mac follows and I nod. 

"That's very marketable and it sells. Fly girl from Brownsville talking her shit. I would love to be introduced as a female rapper first and if I released a song that was easy to turn up to, it would get play immediately with very little work done." I watch his brain work, smiling at my idea. 

"You have the attitude for it, honestly." Mac looks at me impressed. 

I stick my tongue at him and missed Flex in an instant. 

"It gives me time to train my voice before I actually put out a singing record and when I do start singing, it would catch everyone off guard. They won't expect me to be as good as I am. It can be like a contradicting soft side that every hood girl has but tries not to show." I was sitting up straight now, my mind working in unison with Macs.

"So then my image could be fly girl from Brownsville, a bit of a bad ass but sweet when I'm ready kind of thing. Ripped jeans and jordans, crop tops, supreme..." I trail off and Mac continues the list. 

"Tims, curly hair, long eyelashes, perfect eyebrows." He nods in agreement and picks up his phone to schedule an appointment with one of his own designers. 

The designer on the phone was one well known by the hood, specifically for his come up out of SoHo. He was not much older than I am and was first known for his fashion from his fashion blog on Tumblr that helped him gain his audience and caused him to rise to fame. His name was D'tello. 

I knew all of this because Trisha was literally OBSESSED with him. D'tello opened a few stores since his rise to fame but his clothes online were a lot more popular than the stores and simple shirts would go for over one hundred dollars. 

Trisha bought them with Pookie's money when she could. 

After Mac gets off the phone, he looks at me excited. 

"You ever met D'tello?" He asked. 

I shook my head. "Nope, but I know who he his and I love his designs." 

"Me too, the kid is dope as shit. I'll have you meet him one of these days. He is down to dress you so you have to meet him at some point anyway." Mac says.

He gets up and begins setting up the mic and mic stand in the booth. 

"So is he going to show us some clothes and we take our pic? How does this work?" I ask watching Mac and his set up. 

"Baby girl, no." He looks at me with a smug smile on his face. 

"D'tello is going to create an outfit for you, out of thin air." He finishes.