Chapter 19 - Meeting Mac

I woke up to a loud thump on the floor.

"Ughh." I heard a small voice groan. I turned my head to the other side of the dorm where Kelly was laying on her stomach, face into the carpet.

"You ok?" I ask through clear humor. The smile was wiped from my face when I looked at the time.

"Shit!" I jumped out of bed, and started rummaging through my clothes. My hair felt a mess on my head, I smelled like alcohol and pot and I still had on all my make up and clothes from last night.

Kelly made her way back on to her bed while I was having a panic attack throughout my room. It was 10 AM. I knew Mac's people would be here to pick me up at any minute.

"What's going on?" Kelly asked through a raspy voice. Her voice was nearly gone. My stomach sank as I remembered that my voice couldn't sound anything like hers today. Not today. Out of all days in the world, not today.

God plese.

"I have to meet with someone. I'll tell you later, just help me find something to wear." I responded without looking at Kelly twice. I grabbed my towel and ran to the bathroom to take the quickest shower I possibly could. Within minutes I was out and lotioned, back to smelling good, but my hair was unfixable. It settled on top of my head, a trashy half straight-half nappy puff.

When I got back into the room, Kelly had laid out some ripped jeans, a white tank top and a big plaid shirt with a pair of sunglasses. I smiled at her kindly and shoved everything on. I expected her to dress me in something completely different but this was better than I would do last minute.

I brushed my hair up into an obedient pony tail then wrapped it into a bun and slid the sunglasses right on top of my head.

"Make up." Kelly said, grabbing her kit.

Thank God she knew how to do it, cause I didn't. All I knew was eyeliner and lip gloss, I was good at that.

I sat at Kelly's desk, my phone in my hand, waiting to see the random number.

"Close your eyes." Kelly said. She hovered over me before I felt light brushes on my eyelids. She still smelled of alcohol and pot too. The party really left it's scent. I hoped I managed to bathe most of it off of me.

"Thanks, Kelly. I really appreciate it." I sighed, almost relieved. It was 10:45 AM and I was almost ready. I wish I had some time to drink some tea.

"Don't mention it." Her words were oddly separated as she focused on not messing up my make up.

I laughed when I realized I could relax. "Do you remember last night?" I asked.

She did a nervous chuckle. "Some parts but i'm guessing it went really well because I definitely saw Devin leave our dorm around 8 this morning."

My head spinned momentarily. Right. Devin sleptover.

"Oh, yea. Well that happened because you threw up and passed out. He drove us home." I reminded her.

"Sorry about that, really I am. But that still doesn't explain why he was in your bed. She childishly giggled.

I shrugged. "I actually don't know how that happened. I just remember suddenly being homesick. Guess I just wanted some comforting."

"Ahh." Her voice is suddenly sympathetic. I shrug it off and she continues.

"So did you guys do anything?" Kelly wiped the sides of my eyes, to even out the eyeliner she just applied.