Chapter 28 - S.O.Bs

A team of make up artists show up along with Mac, who told me the day before that he would be watching me at S.O.Bs. To say that I was happy to have him there would be a lie because it only made me more nervous than I already was. 

After soundcheck, the organizer of the show walks me backstage to a hallway with a few private rooms. I pass the first room which reads Bizzy, the second room reads Smooth and the third room which has Chanel in bold black letters. I smile and push the door open. 

A neatly ordered room with a few snacks and water open up in front of me. A box that reads D'tello Delivery is on the floor and sitting on the couch is my black leather tube top with dad jeans and denim jacket. I shriek now, fully excited and begin putting on all of the clothes. Trisha turns her attention to the food. 

The clothes fit absolutely perfect, exactly how I thought they would. 

"Mmm, my baby daddy is talented." Trisha comments. 

I look at her in disbelief. "Now Tello is ya baby daddy? What happen to Pookie?"

She giggles. " I cuh have them both." 

I open the shoe box and sleek black D'tello sneakers are staring back at me. 

"Oh my God, what the fuck?" Trish screams. 

She frightens me and I wait for her to explain the reason for her outburst but I know it's the shoes. 

"He gave you a pair of Hail Mary's? That's not fair!" She takes the shoes out of the box and kisses them individually then licks the bottom.

"Trisha!" I yell disgusted. "What is good with you?" 

"I've wanted these since they came out." She exclaims.  

I realize that there is another box under the pair of shoes she is licking. I wiggle the separate box from under Trisha who was now sitting on  the floor with her legs crossed, cuddling the pair of Hail Mary's. I open the second box and it is another clean sleek black pair of the same shoes. 

"Looks like that one is for you after-all." I laugh knowingly.  

Trisha hugs the shoes and screams at the top of her lungs. I pick up a donut from the snack table and place it firmly into her mouth. She begins cackling but bites into the donut not complaining at all. 

Everything smelled new, like they came right out of the store. When I take out the shoes to put them on, a card falls out from the shoe box. 

It is from D'tello and it is neatly packaged in a black and red envelope. It reads: 

Have an amazing show. Bring them all that love and positive energy 

you beautiful black Queen. 

Pleasure styling you. 

D'tello

"Aww, D'tello is a cool dude." I say folding the card and putting it back into the box. 

Trisha searches her own shoe box for a letter and sure enough she finds one. 

"To my Fashionista wife. Keep em clean babe." 

She reads. 

Her mouth falls open and in that moment I know Trisha is ready to die. 

"Better hide that card from Pookie." I warn. 

"Who?" Trisha asks. 

I look at her in disbelief.