Still, I'm in a whole better place than Brogan.

I am worried for him. You see, Brogan was such a: jock, a dude, a guy – he has only one side: masculine!

For all her academic intelligence, The Surgeon doesn't understand that looking female does not make you feminine.

......

I take shelter from the wind in a small diner just across the road from my parent's secret operational lair.

The warmth eases my racing mind a little. I consider my options. I have seventy thousand dollars; which will provide me with food and shelter in the short term and I guess I could get a job, but for that I will need ID. I'm sure that can be arranged, somehow?

I'm alerted to a familiar figure entering my parent's lair; it's the female officer who duped me. Jeez, they've got good people working for them – that's for sure.

......

I drain my coffee and think: Professor Merton. I guess I better go and release her and start my new life – alone.

......

As I walk back to the hotel a well-dressed guy, about my age, stops me, "Excuse me, I'm doing a survey...what's your name? What's your number and are you free on Saturday?" I'm like, totally confused. "What kinda survey is that?" I ask. He smiles wide, "Jeez, you're so goddamn cute – I'm asking you for a date."

Whoa – like – what? Me, date a guy – no way! I bolt across the road, causing a chorus of car horns. "Hey – am I that ugly? Do I smell?" he hollers after me while smelling his armpit. "I don't date – It's a long story, buddy," I holler back.

......

I slow down and reflect: the last time I walked these streets I was a confident teenage guy. Now, although I still think and feel like that kid, I realize that I identify to the world as a young woman. That guy 'asking me out' has unnerved me.

You see, The Surgeon made me into an exceptionally pretty girl and now I can see the effect of her skill through the actions of that guy – and the others who's smiles I continually catch – and throw away.

It bothers me.

I can't walk with the carefree abandon I once enjoyed as a boy. Now, I have to navigate the unwanted attention a pretty girl gets in a big, bold city.

But, I'll get over it – I have to, I've got bigger things to deal with right now.

......

My head spins with questions and thoughts as I head back to the hotel: where can I get a fake ID? Will I be any good at waiting tables? Will I ever have a relationship?

Do I have a future?

......

My thoughts are interrupted by Professor Merton's cell-phone vibrating in my pocket. I look at the screen – it's Charlotte.

I ignore it. Thumb it off. She can take a hike.

......

I keep stopping to check the cash is still in my backpack.

Yep – it's there.

A rush of security floods me.

......

The phone vibrates.

It's Cousin Charlotte. Again.

I wonder if she's trying to contact Professor Merton or me?