19.2 The blows that broke it

Start from the beginning

Saying this Manik and Nandini settled down on the chair nearby

Nandini But why are we talking about them...How about we talk about you Manik...??...

Manik About me...Nah..there isn't anything interesting going on in my life... Exams are done and I hope I have done fairely well...just waiting for the results...Music too is going on fine..Everything is just the usual..!!

Nandini And you want me to believe that Manik...I know there is something wrong...but I can't point out what...Please tell me na Manik....Please share your worries with me...You know you can do that right..!!

Manik Nandini there is nothing that is going on...You are overthinking sweetheart..!!

Nandini Manik...both you and I know that it is not true...We haven't had a normal conversation since I don't know when...Please Manik..Lets talk...Let it out...whatever it is..Please..!!

Manik Nandini.....

Manik was cut short by a voice..

Voice Nandini Murthy is that you..!!

Nandini turned around to look for the source and found an middle aged man behind her..

Nandini Hi Sir...Good morning..!!

Voice Good morning Nandini...meet my wife...(Nandini shook hands with her)... You know Sarita, the new album that our company is investing in, she is the lead singer and a very talented one I must say..!!

Sarita Nice to meet you little one...I have heard a lot about you...!!

Nandini Thanks Ma'am...Manik...meet Mr. Vashisht, he is the one of our album producers and sir this is Manik, my boyfriend...!!

Mr.Vashisht What boyfriend...Nandini you are so young...Don't mind me saying you should not indulge into relationships...you are talented and sexy...let the boys drool over you...!!

Sarita Stop it..he was just joking dear..you guys make a lovely couple..!!

Nandini Thanks Ma'am...and sir I think the boys should drool over my music and not me...I am sorry..I donot wish to sound offending but I donot wish to become someone's object of desire...that's not my intention or motive..!!

Mr.Vashisht Oh dear..you took me seriously..as my wife said I was just joking...Anyways..Manik...Am I right..??

Manik Yes Sir..Manik Malhotra..

Mr.Vashisht So are you also interested in music..??

Manik Ye sir..I have a band called Fab5...

Mr.Vashisht Oh great...young Man you are very lucky to have girlfriend like her... Talented and Famous... Trust me when I say the day is not far away when people would recognize you as her boyfriend... I suggest you to buck up yourself for all the limelight..!!