[ SIX ]

Lola put on her favorite record and sat on the arm chair. She grabbed her cup of tea, the contents of the cup warming up her face as she sipped it. Her body filled with warmth with the cup of tea. Letting out a soft sigh, Lola looked out the window. She loved mornings in the cabin. The first thing George had done when Lola had driven him there, was to look around. They were surrounded by nothing but acres of land. They had neighbors, but they were miles away.

"So this is the cabin," he'd said. "I was imagining something a lot...smaller. This is really nice."

Lola's dad had suggested the cabin as a place for them to get away. Lola had spent the remainder of April in London. She'd come alive in the city. She was constantly surrounded by people. It didn't matter that those people wanted to meet the Beatles and not her, she still got stories and ideas from them. It didn't matter, not yet anyway. She was electric in the city, running only a few hours of sleep.

It was then that her creativity hit a peak. She drew sketch after sketch, sometimes only by the light of the moon. George would often be sleeping beside her, while Lola chewed her nails and began drawing the designs that came to mind. But after a few weeks of this, Lola felt exhausted. It was just as well, George had finished shooting the film, and they could go on holiday.

"John and Cyn are going somewhere warm and sunny," George had told her. "Brian is setting it up so we come along with them."

"Hm."

"Hm?"

"They're married. I'm sure they want to spend time alone. I was talking to my dad and he suggested the cabin. He's in New York all of May. He'll come in the weekends, but we'll have place all to ourselves the rest of the time. There's a lake, and no one will bother us there."

"Your dad has a cabin in New York?" He asked.

"That's where I went when I left for the states."

"What is there to do there?"

"Swimming, fishing, reading. I love to bake when I'm there, I'm not sure why," Lola brought her glasses to the top of her head. She loved the cabin. Her dad would always take a couple of weeks off to spend time with her there in the summer. And now George could join too.

"Alright," George said. "I'll talk to Brian."

Thus, it was set.

Early May, they set off for New York. Getting there was hell. There were mobs of people waiting for them at the airport. George and Lola were in disguise, but it was really of no use. They drove around New York before they were able to get them off their trail. Then they drove to the cabin, where they had settled in comfortably.

It was their second week here, and Lola was thinking about what to make for dinner. The bedroom door opened. Lola put her cup of tea down. George walked out of the bedroom, his head still messy from the sheets. He rubbed his face to wake himself up. Lola felt privileged to look at him while he did this. That is until, he grabbed her cup of tea and nearly drank all of it.

"You're an idiot."

George looked up from the cup of tea. He put it down, then kissed Lola's cheek. "You're beautiful this morning, Lols."

"You should go fishing. Dad is coming today, I'm going to cook him something," Lola said. Dad had been "coming" for the past two weeks. And by that, Lola meant he hadn't been coming at all. He'd been trying to, but he could never get away soon enough to make the three hour trip worthwhile.

"Sure," George said. "If you come with me."

"Go fishing with you?"

"Hmmm," he got up and put the kettle on. "It's boring with just Lou and I. He's not much of conversationalist."