[ TWO ]

Lola didn't exactly sit around waiting for George to call her back. She went to work, and spent her nights out. But she couldn't deny that with the Beatles in Paris, things were different. The air felt different. The radio kept playing their songs (even more than usual) announcing they were here in Paris, right now. Even news anchors spoke about it.

Besides that, Nancy was nowhere to be found, or at least not where Lola was, which was odd. She had all but disappeared from her life in the last couple of days, making Lola question what she was spending her time doing. Or whom. Even Addy was trying to get herself a piece of the Beatles, moaning on and on, about how not one of them had asked for her number.

Three days after Lola had given George her number, she laid her head on the sink. She was having a night in. Addy was too. She looked at the bottle of pink hair dye, reading the instructions.

"Are you sure you want to go pink again?" Addy asked. "Why not try red again?"

Lola liked the pink, at least she had for the last month. When she stopped feeling pink, she'd let the pink fade and dye it into whatever color came next. Lola said nothing, and Addy got to work. She didn't need her help in dyeing her hair, but Addy had offered to help. A part of Lola wondered if Addy felt left out of all of the Beatle madness.

"You're lovely. You know that right, Addy?" Lola asked. Nancy and Lola were friends because their fathers were friends. They met when they were still in diapers.  Addy on the other hand, had only joined their little group three years earlier.

Lola wasn't lying, she did find Addy lovely. She was so petite, she could fit in the pocket of her jean. She was young, and naive. Lola sought to protect her like a little sister.

"I think I'll just marry you, Lola. End this miserable pursuit of love,"  Addy sighed. Lola wanted to nudge her shoulder, but stopped herself in case the dye fell on her eye.

"I'm not your consolation prize!"

They went on like this for the next half hour, getting out the blender and making margaritas. Lola felt warm and happy with the alcohol inside of her. Her hair would be ready soon, and then she'd be able to shower. After a shower, she'd settle in bed with a good book. Lola tried to remember the last time she'd done that, read before going to bed and couldn't remember the time.

The telephone rang, Addy answered. "Allo?"

Lola looked at the time, not wanting to overdue the time the dye spent on her hair. Addy smiled as she listened. Quickly, she waved Lola over to the telephone. Lola got up from her seat on the bar stool, and took the call.

"Hello?" Lola asked.

"Lola?" A voice at the other end of the line asked. "W-what are you doing?"

"I'm enjoying a night in," she admitted. It clicked in Lola's head, who was calling. It wasn't like he had a French accent, like anyone else that would usually call her.

"Are you free tomorrow?" George asked.

"Everything's been a bit slow. Where should I meet you?" She asked. This wasn't a date, Lola decided. She didn't have the energy to start something, even if he was incredibly attractive. All of her energy was best spent on Esteban, when he returned to Paris in two weeks.