Chapter 10 - Every Time

I checked my trunk for the second time and sighed. It was the end of the semester and students were going back home for the Christmas holidays. I tried not to think about the end, but more of the start, where my cousin Zoe will be coming over for two weeks.

"If you need anything Izzy, send a letter." Marlene said. I nodded and hugged her.

"Thank you."

"Don't mention it." She smiled and we all walked downstairs. Everyone was in the Common Room, talking excitedly about the Christmas holidays.

"There you are!" I turned around and the Marauders walked over to us. "Evans, go out with me?" James asked.

"No!" Lily said loudly and sighed with annoyance.

"Oh fine. Should we be heading to the train?" We all nodded and walked out of the Common Room and to the Hogsmede train station.

I placed my trunk on the train and looked at the others. "Anyway, I have to go. Prefects get their own compartments." Lily stated.

"Show off." I muttered. She glared at me playfully.

"Hopefully I can see you guys before you leave." She hugged Alice then Marlene and finally me. "Bye!" Lily ran off.

"Yeah, I better go too." Remus stated, grabbing a book from and chocolate bar from his trunk.

"No! You're staying with us!" Sirius exclaimed and grabbed Remus's arm.

"Padfoot I have to-"

"No! Stay with us!" Remus sighed as Sirius hugged his arm. The others and I laughed.

"Sirius-"

"No! Please Remy?!" I snorted.

"Remy?" I asked.

"No you cannot call me Remy." Remus said.

"Whatever Remy." He glared at me and sighed.

"Sirius!"

"Yeah come on Moony!" James joined in and grabbed Remus's other arm. "We might not see you after the train ride then we'll have to wait a month-"

"You two are so dramatic!" They both pouted. "Fine!"

"Yes!" James and Sirius yelled in unison and grinned. They dragged Remus onto the train with Peter behind them. Marlene, Alice and I glanced at each other before following.

We found a compartment as the train started moving. I sighed and grabbed my book and glasses. "You're going to read the whole time?" Peter asked me as I put my glasses on.

"What's wrong with reading?" Remus asked disapprovingly as he took a bite out of his chocolate bar.

"Come on Fall, socialise." James stated. "What are you doing for Christmas?"

"My cousin's coming over for two weeks. Nothing much." I shrugged and opened my book.

"What's your cousin's name?"

"Zoe."

"What's she like?"

"Why do you keep asking about my cousin?"

"She could be a secret death eater for all we know-" I glared at James, who cleared his throat. "Because..."

"She's nice okay? She's my best friend..."

"Is she hot?" Sirius asked. I threw my book at him and he ducked.

"No you cannot hit on her!!" I yelled.