Chapter 16 - Do You Really?

I felt Sirius and James tense beside me as Remus stared down at his boggart. My eyes widened and I recognised the three bodies as James, Sirius and Peter. All three of them were covered in large scratches and their own blood. It was horrific. I glanced up at Remus who started shaking with fear.

"Um... James? That's you three..." I whispered to James.

"Yep..." He croaked and looked at Remus with worry.

"Oh my Merlin..."

The word "Monster" started echoing in the background.

"Why is it doing that?" I asked James again.

"Shut up."

"Shouldn't we be helping him?" I glanced at Remus again who was trembling.

"Moony, it's not real." Sirius said suddenly. "It's not true."

"Remus. It's fine." Peter started as well. "Don't listen to it."

Remus was frozen on the spot, like his feet were glued to the floor. He was staring down at the boggart with wide, frightful eyes as the Marauders tried to encourage him. But the boggart wasn't getting defeated and this fear couldn't be turned into anything funny...

"James! Do something." I said anxiously.

"I'm trying!" Professor Greengrass looked up and watched with concern. The boggart seemed to be getting stronger, Remus weaker.

"Come on..."

"Well why don't you try then?" James asked with annoyance. I sighed. "Remus. Don't listen to it-"

"Remus! It's not real. Professor shouldn't someone take his place?!" Professor Greengrass looked at me. Remus shook his head like he was in a trance. He raised his wand but the bodies turned more horrific. Remus whimpered slightly in reply.

"Riddikulus..." Remus mumbled. There was a crack but nothing happened. Instead the bodies stayed the same.

"If someone is willing to step in front of Mr Lupin-" Without thinking, I stepped froward. Remus looked at me.

"Isabel-" The bodies disappeared and Remus sighed with relief. "I- um... thank you..."

"Don't mention it." The boggart looked at me and formed into a man, a large middle-aged man with greying hair. I dropped my wand in fear as the man stepped forward. I slowly picked up my wand and backed away.

"Marlene, who's that?" I heard Sirius ask.

"I... don't know..." Marlene muttered.

"IT WAS YOUR FAULT!!!" The boggart shouted loudly that most people covered their ears.

I whimpered slightly. "N-no..."

"HER DEATH WAS YOUR FAULT!!!" I raised my wand trying to think of something funny.

"Rid-"

"YOU SHOULD'VE DIED INSTEAD!!!!"

"Isabel!" I heard the Marauders shout but I ignored them, keeping my eyes on the boggart. My father raised his hand, ready to strike at me.

Professor Greengrass stepped forward and sent the boggart back into the cupboard. I sighed with relief and looked at the floor.

"Class dismissed." The Professor said. The class groaned. "Sorry!" Students started walking out of the classroom, the girls and the Marauders stayed behind. "Are you alright Ms Fall?"

I nodded, my eyes wide with fear. "I'm fine. Thank you." I walked over to girls. Marlene rubbed my back.

"You okay?" She asked. I nodded slowly.