chapter 5 (part 2) (REVISED)

Case drove Jem to her meeting, feeling strangely nervous. His wolf was not happy with him; he wanted Jem with him, but Case also knew that he had to try and make her happy.

"You okay?" She asked him.

He forced a smile. "I'll be better when I pick you up. At ten." He stressed.

"I have a curfew now?" She challenged him, irritated.

He gave her a grin as he pulled off of the road and stopped the car. "You can call it whatever you want, Jem. I'll be here at ten. And so help me, if I smell a guy on you..."

She got out of the car and angrily said, "I really don't know where you seem to have gotten the impression that I am a cheating whore."

She slammed the door and walked away before she could see the shocked expression on his face.

He slammed the steering wheel angrily. Why did she react so negatively to his possessive side? She was his mate, of course he was possessive of her. It wasn't that he didn't trust her- it was boys he didn't trust. Jem was so...perfect. Any guy would want her.

He ran her words through in his mind again and he could hardly believe she had said that. Jem, sweet, innocent Jem was the furthest thing from a whore. Anyone who would call her one was an idiot. If anyone ever dared to call her one, he would make said idiot a dead idiot, he thought to himself.

Ten couldn't come soon enough for him.

.....................................................................................................

Jem walked up the walkway, confused as she got closer to where she and Nat were supposed to meet. She could hear teenage voices and music coming from what seemed to be a large home, and she saw Natalie on the porch and walked up to meet her.

"Hey Nat. I thought you said this was a book club?" She asked, confused.

Natalie sighed, clenching her hands. "Sorry Jem. I lied. But you really need to get out more and have fun. You're way to uptight."

She grabbed one of Jem's hands before Jem could formulate a reply and pulled her into the mysterious house.

Oh no, Jem thought.

She had never been to a party such as this one in her life, but she wasn't stupid enough to not know what this was. Bodies crammed together, dancing, yelling, plastic cups full of booze in their hands.

She was going to kill Natalie.

"I can't believe you, Nat." She hissed.

Nat hugged her. "I'm sorry I lied. But you need to have fun sometimes, girl."

"This is not my idea of fun. Underage drinking, casual hookups, what if the police show up?" Jem doubted it was Case's idea of fun either. Case.... shit.

"Come on, Jem. Dance, mingle, talk, you don't have to drink alcohol. Please?" Nat pleaded.

Jem grimaced. She didn't want Case to know about this. And that meant sticking around until ten and acting like nothing had happened.

She might as well humor Nat while she waited. "Fine." She muttered.

"Yay!" Nat hugged her tightly, beaming.

"Come on." She tugged Jem over to the punch bowl, grinning all the while.

.......................................................................................................