chapter 17

[i started writing this in 2011, failed to finish it, and am making it my goal to go back and finish it now. The problem is now that I'm 6 years older, there are things that I wanted to change to get a feel for these characters again, and I realized I was going to have to start from square one and use this as a rough outline. If you jump ahead through the chapters, you can find chapter 1 (revised), and start from there. I apologize!]

Case/ Jem

"You really shouldn't have done that, princess."

His lips crashed down on hers again, unrelenting, until he felt her respond.

Why did she respond? She asked herself. He was pushy and wouldn't listen and she was pissed at him.

Maybe she shouldn't have bit him. But she hadn't thought, she had just reacted.

He was asking himself why he felt this need to control her. He knew that the way he was acting was going to push her away in the long run.

He would have fought against him to.

He needed to get a grip on himself.

He pulled back.

"Take me home, Case." She sighed.

She was surprised when he actually listened.

But he didn't take her to her home; he took her to his.

Shocking.

"Case, i really need to talk to you." She said when he had pulled her inside.

"I want to know what your plans are. What you plan on doing to me and when. And I want to know now."

Jackson/ Tasha

Tasha pulled back. Her head was spinning out of control. She managed to ask him, "Is that feeling normal?"

He smiled tenderly. "Only for mates."

Her whole body jerked as the reality of what he had said hit her.

Then she flashed him a smile. "Really? We are mates?"

He grabbed her hand, entwined her fingers with his. "Yes."

"But....that means Case can't keep us apart. Right?" She questioned, hoping so badly she would get the response she wanted to hear.

He could read her emotions on her face. He would have to word this in the best way possible.

"If you were eighteen that would be the situation. But since you are not he can keep us apart until that moment. I just don't see why he would want to; if we are mates, he should know i will treat you right. But then again, i thought he would know that i would treat you right when i first wanted to date you. My guess is that the fact that we are mates is either going to open some doors for us and our relationship, or make the whole situation worse."

The broken expression on her face made his heart hurt. but the expression was gone as soon as it appeared, making him wonder if it had indeed ever been there at all. His tough girl.

He wanted her so badly he thought his heart might break in two inside him.