Chapter 14

Her words sent fire pulsing through him in a way he hadn't known was possible.

"Jem." He whispered hoarsely. "Do you realize what you are asking?"

In answer she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him for all she was worth.

More fire flashed through him.

Her teeth nibbled at his earlobe. He swung her up into his arms and carried her up the stairs.

His wolf was growling in satisfaction.

Jem wanted him. He could make her his.

He realized that he hadn't been truely mad at her. He had been upset at what might have happened to her.

"Jem" he started, but her lips interrupted his him.

She wanted to be as close to him as possible, to forget the previous events of the night. She wanted to forget everything but what she was feeling for Case. She wanted him.

She didnt want him to talk.

"Jem, I'm sorry I yelled..."

She kissed him again. He set her down in his bedroom. He wanted to pick her up and throw her onto the bed and make wild passionate love to her until she was his and he was hers.

But inner doubts were keeping him in check.

"Jem, are you sure this is what you want?"

In answer she backed him up against the bed and pushed him onto it, following him down.

She kissed his neck, his lips, and when that was no longer enough she grabbed the hem of his shirt and pulled it off of him.

She was driving him crazy. All he could think about was mating with her.

His hands grabbed onto her hair as her lips traveled to his chest and down his stomach.

Did she have any idea what she was doing to him?

He is so sexy, she thought, running her hands and mouth all over his rock hard chest. She wanted to lose herself in him.

Case suddenly grabbed her shoulders and pulled her away when she moved to pull her own shirt off.

Stupid idiot, he was telling himself as he did so, everything you want is yours for the taking.

Yet it wasn't. Jem was offering her body. He would be lying if he said that he didn't want to make love to her; but he wanted her heart even more.

She looked at him with such a hurt expression on her face that he flinched.

"Don't you want me?"

"Honey, look south and you'll have an answer to that question." He grinned.

She did, and then quickly jerked her head up, blushing.

"Then why did you stop me?"

"Because you aren't thinking straight. You're running on straight emotions. You didn't make it to the age of eighteen being as innocent as you are by jumping into bed so quickly. When we make love you will have a clear mind and there will be no question that it is what you truely want. And one more thing: You will be in love with me." His eyes blazed as he said these words and he leaned down and gave her a kiss so gentle she wanted to cry.

She blushed, suddenly mortified as to her own actions. What had possessed her? Was her dad right? Was she a whore?

"I'm sorry Case." She whispered.

He pulled her tightly against him.

"Don't be." He grinned. "Though if someone had told me that I would pull away from my beautiful mate when she wanted to make love with me I would have called them crazy."

Case was a good man, she thought.

He had saved her from herself.

She was incredibly gratetful.

She wanted to make love with him, but the timing wasn't right. She wasn't ready.

"Thank you." She whispered.

"It has been a long night, Jem. What do you say we go to bed?"

"Sounds good to me."

"But if you try and seduce me again I am not responsible for the results." He warned.

She hit his shoulder and glared, embarrassed.