Chapter 2 (part 2-REVISED)

She backed away from him slowly.

He followed after her.

"I...don't think that's a good idea, Case."

He caged her with his arms, leaning down to whisper in her ear, "Why do you think that?"

She stammered, "Because I don't trust myself that much."

He grinned.

"Are you saying you might be tempted to take advantage of me? For shame, Jem. I'm not that type of guy."

She blushed beet red and shoved her palms against his chest.

"I didn't mean..."

She so cute when she blushes, he thought.

"I have moral standards, you know." He said in mock outrage, continuing to tease her.

The blush got worse. He decided to take pity on her.

"I won't touch you in an inappropriate way..." Yet, he thought, "...Scout's honor."

She eyed him suspiciously. "Were you even a boy scout?"

"Well no." He admitted.

"Werewolf's honor, then?"

"Do werewolves have an honor system?" She asked, fascinated.

"Of a sort. But let's not get into that right now. You need to sleep."

She wanted so badly to argue with him, but her exhaustion was fighting against her and winning.

"Alright." She said on a sigh.

He smiled and suddenly he had her swept off of her feet and he was carrying her towards the bedroom.

She's so beautiful, he thought. To sleep beside her and just be able to hold her was going to be the sweetest kind of torture. But he would do it, for her. He wasn't going to risk scaring her away or upsetting her that badly. She meant far too much to him.

She was in shock that this sexy man was carrying her to her bedroom. Even in her wildest fantasies she had never imagined this. She hadn't known things could change so much in one night.

But I'm so glad they did, she thought. And he had promised not to do anything inappropriate...which she should be glad about. Except for the part of her that was telling her she was insane, because this was the sexiest man she had ever seen in her life.

She tried to make that part of her shut up.

He walked her into her bedroom and softly sat her on her bed. Then he said gruffly, "I'll give you some privacy. "

He stalked back out into the living room.

She tried regaining her senses and walked over to her dresser and pulled out a pair of shorts and a tank top before heading to the bathroom and getting into her shower. She took a quick shower, got dressed, and walked back into her bedroom. She was shocked speechless when she saw him laying on her bed shirtless, his head propped up against the headboard.

Oh...my...goodness....was her only thought. She knew she was gaping at him but she couldn't help it. He took her breath way. His hair was tousled, his eyes were shooting green sparks, he had a confident smile on his face, and his chest was a solid wall of defined muscle. She wanted to run her hands and mouth all over him...

He was watching her devour him with her eyes and it was turning him on like crazy. He watched as she licked her lips and all he could think about was other things she could be doing with that tongue. He had promised to be good and he would keep that promise, even if his body hated him for it.

He would have plenty of time to make love to her later on.

Her eyes suddenly met his and he watched her blush as she suddenly realized that she had been blatantly checking him out, and he knew it.

"Come here," he barked out, before she had time to retreat.

He held his arms out to her and she slowly approached him. He noted the bounce of her pretty breasts, her damp hair a curtain around her; the sexy swing of her hips, legs a mile long, smooth, perfectly shaped... he was a little bit of a legs man and was not afraid to admit it. Though there wasn't a damn thing about Jem that he didn't find enticing as all hell.

Damn it, Case, he yelled at himself...Behave.

She reached his arms and he gently pulled her to him, arranging them so she was lying beside him, his arms around her with her head resting on his shoulder.

Heaven, she thought. Pure heaven, being close to him like this.

Case's inner wolf was growling in satisfaction at having Jem so close to him. He tangled his legs together with hers and gave her a kiss that shoved every thought completely out of her head. His hands settled on her hips before he suddenly moved and she found herself laying on top of him. His lips traveled from her mouth to her cheek and down to her neck, where he stopped to nibble and suck.

She somehow managed to squeak out, "Case, you promised to be good."

He growled, wondering internally why he had made such a stupid promise to this beautiful love of his life that was tying both his heart and body into knots that would make a seasoned sailor proud.

But he stopped and moved them back to their original position, cradling her head against his shoulder.

"How did you know the driver was drunk exactly?" She asked him.

He placed a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"One of those wolf quirks I mentioned. Really good sense of smell. I was actually just walking through the area when I caught a whiff of you, and my wolf senses were frantic to locate the source. I wasn't sure you were my mate or not until I saw you, then I had zero doubts. No denying or stopping it. Then that damn driver almost wiped you out before my eyes. Would have been very tragic if I'd been there any later, to lose my mate the second I found her and then have to commit a murder."

She looked into his face, becoming wide-eyed when she realized that he was serious.

"I mean, it would have been tragic if he'd killed me, but I don't think that gives you an excuse to kill someone Case. I wouldn't want that." She said.

"I wouldn't have had a choice, Jem. My wolf would have had complete control over me in that situation, I would be powerless to stop myself even if I wanted to. Which to be honest with you, a large part of me wouldn't want to control myself."

He looked into her eyes, again noticing how exhausted she looked.

"We can discuss this all later, Jem. For now, you need to get some sleep."

He reached over to turn the bedside lamp off and settled her in tight against his chest, plotting his next move as she drifted off to sleep.

He would not be satisfied until this beautiful girl was not only his, but also very happy to be the alpha's mate. His mate.