Epilogue

Note: Sad. This is the end of it all.

Or iS IT??¿¿?¿

sorry lmao i wont do that again.

But really, it's not the ending! There's a sequel and it's currently on going and you should check it out. It's better and more improved than this one I think.

Enjoyyy!

··
Two years later
··
Today is marks two years since Addilyn was born. Well, almost. Her birthday is in a few days. God, I can't believe it's been that long. She's wonderful, and I love her very much. But, unfortunately, she's in the "terrible twos," meaning her mood swings are unpredictable and she says "no" to pretty much everything.

Anyways, I'm thinking over what I'm gonna bring to the family/friend gathering we're gonna have this weekend for Addilyn's birthday. We're gonna have it at the park near mine and Michael's house.

"Addie, stop! Put the s- no! Don't run with scissors!" I hear Michael shout.

"Addie," is a nickname he gave her, and he's the only one who calls her that. Just like how he's the only one who calls me "Kayla."

In an instant, she comes running by, scissors in his small hand, and Michael rushing over to pick her up and take the scissors away.

"No!" she squeals, banging her fists on his chest.

"Hey, we do not hit!"

"I-I'm sorry, Daddy." she says, although it sounds more like "mm sowwy, Daddeh".

"Let's just sit down."

He sits down on the couch and sets her in his lap. It's cute. She's just so small sitting on his long legs.

A lot has happened in these past two years. Michael and I were lucky enough to buy a house, which is near my parent's. Ashton is still behind bars, Calum has gotten better. And Luke still visits every once in a while.

Addilyn is a lot like Michael. She has his eyes, his lips, his skin tone. Her personality is a mix of mine and his. And we figured out what she is a while back. Like Michael, she's a vampire. She has fangs, which are tiny. They're baby fangs. She's a total daddy's girl. She wants to be with Michael every minute of the day. And she always wants him to read her bedtime stories. And if she falls and gets an "owie," she wants Michael to help her "fix the owie". Her first words were "Dada" as well.

And Michael is perfectly fine with how clingy she is with him.

"Kayla, I can't wait any longer." he says suddenly, gently pushing Addilyn off his lap.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"I'll be right back."

When he gets up and heads up the stairs, Addilyn gets up and follows him.

"No, Addie. Stay here, okay? I'll be right back."

"Okay." she says and walks back over to me. "Mommy, what is Daddy doing?"

"Not sure." I say as she crawls into my lap.

A minute later, Michael comes walking down the stairs and towards me, one hand behind his back.

"Kayla, can you stand up for a second?"

"Sure." I nod, gently taking Addilyn off of my lap and setting her on the cushion, where she sits, confused.

"What's up?" I ask once I stand up.

"I w-was just thinking a-about something." he stutters.

Something is up. I know it. He always stutters when he's nervous.

"About what?"

"Just. . ." he stops for a minute, then grabs my hands and continues, "Look, I was gonna do all of this at Addie's birthday party, then I realized I don't really like a lot of attention, so I'm just gonna do it now."

"Michael. . ." I say, unsure of what's happening.

"Kayla, I love you, okay? You mean everything to me. If you hadn't talked to me about that graduation party, I wouldn't have really known about it, or even gone. And if I never went, I wouldn't even be with you. You wouldn't even be mine. And I wouldn't be in the position that I'm in right now. You are my happiness. Thanks to you, my nightmares have faded. Yes, they still happen, but with you by my side, they're not as bad. If it wasn't for you, I still would've been. . . so depressed, and such. My point is, you're very special, and I love you so much, and I want to spend the rest of eternity with you. . ."

The second he stops rambling on, he gets down on one knee, a small box with a ring in it in his hand, Oh my God! Is this really happening? Holy shit! Oh gosh. . .

"Kayla, will you marry me?"

Although I'm in shock, and on the verge of crying tears of joy, I manage to say "yes!" with a giggle.

A huge smile forms on his face as he stands up to pull me in for a tight hug.
He reaches for my hand and places the ring on my finger.
I pull away, smiling widely as I admire it. It's so beautiful.

"I love you." I hear him say.

Oh, I love you, too, Michael Clifford. . . I love you, too.

The end