23

Reika's POV 

After that scary event, I was in the hospital with my body wrapped in bandages. Naruto sat beside me, gently grasping my hand. "Reika, can you tell me who did this to you?" Tsunade asked. I didn't answer as I blankly stared down at the bedsheets.

"Reika, can you tell me who did this to you? Do you know who did this to you?" Tsunade repeated. "Reika," Naruto grasped my hand a bit more firmly. I flinched and unintentionally squeezed his hand.

"Grandma Tsunade, could you leave us alone for a minute?" Naruto requested. Tsunade gave a nod and left the room. When she was gone, Naruto looked at me with a worried expression on her face. "Reika, tell me what happened. Where did you go?" Naruto asked.

Instead of responding to his questions, I lied down as I held his hand near my head. "Reika, you're shaking." Naruto noticed. "I'll be fine." I said, emotionlessly. I grunted as I felt my wounds closing and regenerating themselves.

But I know I could never sleep properly again. Every time I close my eyes, I'll see that wolf with its sharp teeth. That was the most terrifying experience of my life. I never felt so scared, so horrified in my entire life. I never want to go through that again. Not ever.

I looked at myself, seeing that my body was completely healed. "I'll be fine, Naruto. Really." I assured him. "You're lying. I can see it in your eyes that you're still shaken up over what happened." Naruto said.

I smirked weakly. "Am I that easy to read?" I asked, closing my eyes. "Sort of. But I'm glad you're much easier to read now." Naruto said, grinning. I raised my hand up to his cheek and smiled softly. "You'll never change, will you?" I said.

"Change?" He repeated. "Just promise me that you'll never change." I said. Naruto closed his eyes as he placed his hand my hand that was on his cheek. "I promise." He said. The door opened, revealing Gaara.

I didn't say anything and neither did he as he stared at us. "How is she doing?" Gaara said, finally. "Her wounds have healed up. If you hadn't gotten to her when you did, it could've been worse." Naruto answered.

"You can say that again." I muttered. I slipped my hand off Naruto's cheek. "Gaara," I said. quietly. "Thank you... for saving me." I thanked with a small smile. "I'm glad... you're okay." Gaara said. His sand surrounded him before he vanished.

Damn, I wanted to ask that boy why he kissed me. Ugh, I don't think I'll ever get the answers from him. He's distant, and there's no way I'm going to the Sand Village to get my answers. I'll wait until he's ready to tell me.

"Naruto, there's something I need to tell you." I said. "Sure, Reika." Naruto replied. "After Gaara saved me, while I was knocked out, I had a vision." I explained.

"A vision?"

I gave a small nod. "You, Sakura, and Sasuke will go on a mission to the Land of Tea. A ninja will try his best to stop you, and Sasuke will leave the village."

"What? There's no way! Sasuke wouldn't leave the village."

"I saw him leave. He was angry. I don't know why, but he was leaving the village."  

"Where were you then?"

"I... I don't think I'll be on the team anymore."

"What? Why?"

"I don't know. But for some reason, I wasn't there. But I'm going to change that. I will be there and help you. Like I said, I'm your guardian, your cat."

Naruto smiled.

The next day, Tsunade checked on me, which I doubt was necessary because I can heal my wounds. "Reika, I need you to come with me so we can get your x-rays." She said. I followed her into exams room and lied down on a table.

I was put through a machine as rays scanned my body. After a minute and a half, I was able to sit up. "Well, what did you find?" I asked. Tsunade read through my results, not answering my question.

I sighed and crossed my legs with my arms crossed over my chest. "Hello? Earth to Tsunade? What did you find?" I asked, impatiently. "Reika, I don't think you're gonna like what I say about your results." She said.

"Hit me with your best shot." I challenged. Tsunade looked at me, then began to speak. "Reika, there's an illness inside your body, near your heart. It's probably a virus." She said. "So?" I asked. "Reika, you're dying." She said.

My eyes widened. "No, I can't be dying. I'm immortal." I said. "That may be, but the virus is making your heart weaker by the day." Tsunade explained. "Bullshit! There's no way I can die!" I snapped. "Argh!" I gripped the front of my chest as my hart began to beat rapidly.

"Reika!" I fell off the table as Tsunade caught me. I breathed heavily as I tried to get my breathing under control. "This is has never happened before. How was I able to get caught with a virus?" I asked her.

"I'm not sure. It's very rare for a Takuma to get catch something like this." Tsunade said. "I really am going to die, aren't I?" I asked. "I'm sorry, Reika." She apologized. My eyes began to water as I thought about losing Naruto.

I wiped my eyes and stood up. "How much time do I have left?" I asked her. "Who knows? Could be a few weeks. Or maybe a month. I'm not sure. I think you should stay at the hospital so we can run some more tests." She said.

"No, I can't stay here. I have to protect Naruto. Something bad is going to happen to him and I have to be there to help him." I argued. "Reika, I know you care about Naruto, but you need to stay here so I can find a way to get rid of the virus." Tsunade replied.

"But..." I clenched my hand into a fist. "I have to keep Naruto safe." I said. I think I found out why I won't be on the team anymore.

Later that day, Tsunade allowed me to walk around the village for a bit. But I wasn't allowed to train because she said I could damage my heart. My hands were in my pockets as I walked around.

I didn't want to see anyone today. I was too depressed. "Reika?" I stopped walking as Aimi jumped down from a tree, transforming into her human state. "You don't look well." She noticed. I didn't answer.

"I'm going to lie down." I said. "Would you like me to-"

"No. I just want to be left alone." I interrupted her. I walked off to the woods and sat down, leaning against a tree. I closed my eyes, decided to take a small nap. Probably my last.