Chapter 3 - ...And Justice For Nobody

"Mama!" A young bunny called out in a huge crowd of other, cute little bunnies like her. They were all talking, dancing playing, hundreds of them, and Judy was at the back, a little crayon drawing in her petite paws.

It was a crude, childish picture of her as a police officer, a little arrow pointed at the smallest bunny that said "me." There were two taller bunnies that had arrows also titling them, "mommy and daddy", with another bunny that was dressed in black and white. He was the "bad guy".

Judy held her picture carefully, and tried pushing her way through the crowd, but was only thrown out by jostling and playing, hitting her side on the couch.

"Ow! Hey guys, that hurt!'

...nobody listened, they all just played and pranced and yelled, while her parents were playing with her other siblings. They didn't even notice her, not for the past four years. Four years. Just served food from their family buffet, no love,  no late night tuck ins from mommy, just neglect.

She felt heartbroken. Nobody cared about her, being the oldest, and the first, she was just a number out of three hundred and fifteen brothers and sisters.

Holding back tears and sobs, Judy ran outside to her favorite thinking tree stump, along a quiet, long country road.

She sobbed, she held her drawing under her leg, and she wiped her young, ten year old eyes.

It was a mistake to re-open them, because when she did,there was her fear, just right under being forgotten in the family; Gideon Grey.

"What's little bunny crying about? Someone pulled her ears?" He snickered, snapping his suspenders, whipping the long, red long hair behind his head.

"No Gideon, leave me alone.."
Judy tried holding back her tears to be tough, to be a big girl.

It didn't convince Gideon.

"Leave you alone? But I just wanted to play with you!" He howled with laughter, and slapped his knee. He started coughing, and once his fit stopped, he spat on the grass next to her feet.

"Why are you so mean Gideon?"
Judy fumed, mind angry but heart beating with anxiety.

Gideon's expression faded, and was locked dead serious.

"I think you should ask the question, why are you bunnies so mean."

Judy was puzzled, and let her defense down. Her noise twitched, and ears fell. "What do you mean?"

Gideon snarled. "Don't act like your "daddy" didn't tell you! He denied my dad work in his farm, just because he's a fox!"

Judy's eyes burned. Her heart was pumping quickly. "Because all you foxes want to do is hurt us, my daddy told me!"