Chapter 2 - Freak Show

An alarm clock rang in an ugly, aged, yet strictly organized and neat room. A small paw stretched out from under sheets, and quickly snapped the off button, and out leaped a rabbit with deep purple eyes, and tall ears.

This rabbit was fairly large for rabbits, around three quarters the size of a fox, and was scrambling around the room, assembling her uniform together.

Rabbit police Officer, Judy Hopps, was ready for work, her first day as a real cop, not just a meter maid or donut fetcher, but an officer.

She wasn't proud of how she got to her position, which involved much... Predator trampling, but that didn't matter, those things didn't matter.

She smiled, fists balled up, a bow smile on her face, and eyes filled with lavender excitement.

Maybe this time mom and dad would finally notice her, out of all her hundreds of brothers and sisters, she may be the one they remember.

It's all she ever wanted.

Ever...

Judy loaded her belt, her pistol in its holster, radio in clip, and baton in the sling.

Judy felt like Princess Charming.

She was going to make sure mom and dad finally noticed her.

After all these years...

Finally.

¤

"Hey ma! Look, it's me!"

"Ma!"

"Mom."

"Mom?"

"Papa?"
¤

"Officer Hopps,"

That felt so good, she felt so good. To be called officer. She was being given the attention she always wanted! Sure, it wasn't from her parents yet, but it was enough to make her day.

"Today you're watching over workers deployed over at the D.P.C.U."

Judy's heart sank to a bottomless pit in her chest. She wasn't going to be doing anything important, hell, it was worse than being a meter maid.

She was watching over the stupid predators, the fucking stupid predators cleaning up their own filth off of the street.

To say the least, Judy was NOT happy. It was cold, rainy, and sure as hell not a nice day to see predators pick up other deceased predators because their collars went off.

The chief, an aging, emotionally bleached, blue bull named Edwin Bogo; assigned the roles of the other, seemingly emotionless officers, letting them go off on their routine tasks.