The Plan

I got dressed for the day. I was wearing an aqua dress that had a bow on the chest. I was wearing aqua flats that also has a bow on the toe. I grabbed my grey and aqua book bag and stuffed my spell book inside. I tied my hair into a plait that wrapped around back of my head. walked sluggishly towards Remedial Goodness and plonked down at a seat. After I finished copying down a formula for math, Fairy Godmother approached us with a monitor set up behind her. "Children, excuse me. As you know this Sunday is Family Day here at Auradon Prep and because your parents can't be her due to, uh, distance. We've have arranged a special treat." She walked up to the monitor and pressed the spacebar on the keyboard. She was met with my mother's face peering into the screen.

"I can't see anything. Nor do I hear." Mother backed away from the screen. Fairy Godmother beaconed us forward. We walked up to the monitor and stood behind the Fairy Godmother. "Is it-is it."

"Press enter." Jaffar muttered,

"Can I please see a remote! Is this thing on? Ugh, it's broken!" Mother declared, "I hate electronic equip-" She as cut of as the Evil Queen waved,

"Evie! It's mummy!" The Evil Queen waved at her daughter. "Oh! Look how beautiful! You know what they say, the poison apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

"Don't you mean the weeds." Maleficent remarked,

"Oh! Who's the old bat?" Cruella demanded,

"This is Fairy Godmother." I told them,

"Still doing tricks with eggplants?" Mother mocked. The villains laughed.

"I turned a pumpkin into a beautiful carriage!" Fairy Godmother defended herself.

"You really couldn't give Cinderella til one am? I mean, really? What, Do the hamsters have to be on there little wheels?" Mother fist bumped the Evil Queen and Maleficent.

"They were mice! They were not-" Fairy Godmother turned to us and we told her we would speak to our parents. "They were mice!" She said once again to the villains before moving off to the side.

"Hello Mother." I greeted,

"Sophia!" I jumped,

"I m-m-miss you." She said,

"You children are never far from our thoughts!" Jaffar cut in,

"I got this. How long must mummy wait to see you." Translation - When am I going to get my hands on that wand.

"Um, there's a big Coronation going on soon, so I think sometime after that." I explained,

"When?!"

"Friday! Ten am."

"Are you sure I can't see you before that? I don't know what I'll don't get my tentacles on that magic-" Mother was cut off by her own wince, someone stepped on her tentacle. "You! You little nugget that I love so much!"

"Yes. I completely understand Mother." Translation - I will get the wand

"C-c-carlos? Is that a dog?" Cruella asked, her face filling up the screen, "Oh, yes, yes, baby. I too understand." Cruella started squeaking the stuffed Dalmatian on her coat. "It would make the perfect size for earmuffs." She started to cackle.

"He's the perfect size for a pet!" Carlos raised his voice. Cruella made a whimpering sound and moved back, "This dog loves me, and I love him. And FYI your dog is stuffed! So give it a rest!"

"Oh ho ho! Burn!" Jafar cried,

"Oh! Why don't you go sell a toaster you two bit salesman!" Cruella shrieked,

"People who talk to stuffed animals shouldn't throw stones!"

"Oh! Well people who sell toasters shouldn't use mixed metaphors!" Jay quickly pressed the spacebar on the keyboard and the screen went black.

"I-I'm so sorry." The Fairy Godmother apologised,

"Thanks for the 'Special Treat'" Jay tried to make her feel better.

"Of course." We went back to our table's and gathered our things. We made it to the door before Evie stopped us.

"Soph. What do you think our parents are going to do to us if we don't pull this off?" She asked,

"I think they will be, quietly disappointed in us but ultimately, proud of us for doing our best!" I gave a smile.

"Really?" Carlos asked skeptically,

"No I think we should be planning our funeral." I stated. We walked out of class and back to our dorms. I changed into an aqua skirt shirt and white jeans. I also put on aqua heels that showed most of my foot and left my hair out. At night, we went to Jay and Carlos' dorm to finalise the plan. "Ok, we all know what this looks like. So it'll be up on the dais, under the Beast's spell jar." I pointed to a map to show them where it will be, "Ben will be coming in from here." I pointed to the large doors on the map. "I will be in the very front." I pointed to where I would be standing. "You all will be up in the balcony. Carlos?" I turned to him,

"Ok, so I'll find our limo so we can break the barrier and, uh, get the wand back on this island." Carlos recited.

"Perfect. Evie." I turned to her,

"Yeah." she replied,

"You will use this to take out the driver." I handed her a bottle with a blue liquid inside. "Two sprays and he'll be out like a light." I explained.

"Ok." After that, we all dispersed. Carlos and Jay sat on their beds, Jay was playing with his Tourney stick and Carlos was petting Dude. I sat down at the table and opened my book to the page titled 'How To Break A Love Spell'.

"Soph?" I looked up at Evie,

"You want to break Ben's love spell?" Mal continued, they sat down on both sides of me.

"Yeah." I responded, "You know, for after." I took a deep breath,

"I don't," Evie tried to say but I cut her off,

"I've just been thinking. When the villains finally do invade Auradon and begin to loot, and kick everybody out of there castle's and imprison their leaders and destroy everything that is good and beautiful. Ben being in love with me seems a little extra..." I shrugged, "Cruel." I looked at Evie and Mal and they looked at me sadly. I thought for either A - Cause I'm breaking a love spell and they think I like him enough to let him go. Or B - I'm going soft... To be honest.... I think it's the former. I snapped my spell book shut and walked out of the room to the kitchens.

"Soph..." Mal called out to me but I ignored her. I made it to the kitchen and started to make the anti-love-spell brownies.

A million thoughts
In my head
Should I let my heart
Keep listening

I know, it's time,
To say, goodbye,
So hard, to let go

I stopped mixing as some tears cascaded down my face. A few dropped into the batter. I closed my book. The potion was complete.