Chapter 1: Too Perfect

Darius paced the living area of his cave. His family waited with him as Storm laid in the other room with Rose and few other older females. Hours had passed. He took a deep breath and looked at the fur draped across the doorway. They should have gone to a hospital. Storm had insisted on having them at home, though. This was the one time he didn't want to do things the traditional way. His sons, two boys. He ran a hand through his deep red head fur. What if something went wrong, if he lost one of them. His stomach turned at the thought.

"Darius, come and sit down." His grandmother patted the cushion beside him. "She'll be okay."

"I'm fine." He continued to pace the floor.

"Darius, you're working yourself up over nothing," said Sage firmly. "That girl can handle a couple pups. She puts up with you."

"Leave him be," breathed Xavier.

She grabbed the alpha's hand. "You were just as bad when Rose had Darius."

"I know," muttered Xavier. "And I hated how you patronized me then, so leave him alone."

"Very well." She shook her son's muzzle. "You're going to be a grandpa."

"And you'll be a great grandma," he shot back.

She rolled her eyes. "Just in title. I'm not some old woman just yet."

"Hmm..." Xavier wrung his hands together.

Darius's ears perked up when he heard his mate's gasps. Should he go in? His mother would kick him out. He just got in the way. Maybe he should go get something, but what? He cursed under his breath and sat down on the back of his heels. He pressed his claw to his lips and waited.

A soft cry sounded through the room. His breath caught. His son, his son was here. He rose to his feet as a second higher pitch cry joined the first. They were both here. His boys. His tail swished back and forth. A joy filled his chest he had never experienced before.

"Darius," called Rose. "Would you like to come in and meet your pups."

His hands were shaking. What would they look like? His mother and mate never cared about fur color, but Darius hoped they'd be strong. Two strong sons who he could leave the pack too, just like his own father was going to do one day. Swallowing hard, he stepped forward.

The family gathered behind him. Darius parted the curtains and smiled at his mate who was holding two little bundles.

"Hi," he whispered.

Storm held out her hand. "Come meet them."

He walked closer and saw the little black head of a werewolf pup. His small paws were a dark red, just like his father's. His eyes grew wide at the other pup. White. Pure, unmarked white, an omega. His chest tightened and his mouth went dry. What was going on?

"Darius." Storm reached for his mate. "Please, Darius. Don't, please. He's our son. He's our baby. I know he's not what you wanted, but please."

Darius dropped to his knees and rested his head against the bottom of the wooden bed frame. An omega, his son had turned out to an omega. Thoughts of River, Aden, every omega he had ever seen raced through his mind. Peter, his clasped his muzzle. They would come for him. They would come for his son. His little boy. They would try and take him. His child. Anger was rising to the point he started shaking. Disgusting filthy men would come to take away his son.

"Darius." Rose knelt by her son and laid her head on his shoulder. "He's your pup."

"I know," he replied sharply.

Midfield Academy: Book 3On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara