Irresistible

The next time I saw Marshall was at a frat party. Sure, they were never a good idea, but I had exams coming up and the stress was starting to take me over. Even dark wizards needed a little fun, right?

The first familiar face I ran into was Flame Prince. I was grateful for that. He was cute, and nice, unlike the other ninety percent of guys in this damned school. He didn't brag about it, either. Most guys who bragged about being nice weren't actually nice at all.

"Hey, Katherine," he greeted me nervously. "You look nice this evening."

"Are you kidding?" an obnoxious, dreaded voice spoke from behind him. "You have no idea how to flirt, dude."

Flame Prince spun around to face Marshall floating on his back. He wiggled his fingers at me.

"Watch and learn, F.P," he explained, floating over and leaning his forehead against mine. "My, my, Katherine. Aren't you looking sexy tonight - aah!" he yelped, shooting upwards and rubbing his smoking backside. I laughed. "Hey! It's not funny! He burned me!"

"That's exactly why it is funny, Marshall," I replied, unable to keep the grin from my face. "Why don't you go home and get a new pair of jeans?"

"Can't. I'm performing with Marcy tonight," he explained. "Guess I'll have to sing in my boxers. I'm sure you'll enjoy it, won't you, sweetheart?"

He soared away before I could physically hurt him, but Flame Prince shot a burst of fire in his direction, and I threw an orb of dark magic at him. They both found their goal, and the combined effect scorched away the remainder of his clothes. He dove towards the bathroom before anyone noticed, grabbing his backpack. I guess he had a change of clothes in there after all, seeing as he emerged fully-dressed.

"Dammit," I said. "It would've been hilarious if he'd had to spend the rest of the night nude."

Fire Prince laughed weakly; the poor boy must've been incredibly nervous. I grabbed his hand, ignoring the warm flames that flickered across it. He looked down our entwined fingers in amazement.

"I... I don't burn you?" he asked. "How - how is that possible?"

"Dark magic protects me from fire," I explained. "So I can hold your hand all I want."

"And kiss me all you want," he continued, obviously without thinking. The light layer of flames around his face turned bright red. "Or, you know, any other flame person."

I laughed. I leaned over and kissed him on the cheek, causing his flames to turn an even darker shade of red. "I couldn't think of any other flame person I'd want to kiss," I said. "Other than you, I mean."

He smiled. "Is that a confession of love, Katherine?" he teased.

"Maybe," I replied. He laughed. "We should hang out sometime."

"Really?" Flame Prince asked excitedly. "I mean - you're not joking with me?"

"Of course not. How could I ever turn you down?" I said, blushing a little bit. "You're an okay guy, Flame Prince. And you shoot a mean fireball."

F.P laughed, and his flames became red again. "I think that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me." 

 His gaze flickered over to Marshall, who was helping his sister, Marceline, to set up the stage for their performance. "What's the matter?" I asked him.

Flame Prince shifted on his feet, singing the carpet underneath him. "I... For a while I thought you were into him."

I looked over at the Vampire King, gagging at the thought. Did people actually think that? "No, definitely not," I reassured him. "That's a mistake you only make once, F.P."