The Hard-Knock Life of a Teenage Assassin

Hey this is my first attempt at a story with a fully developed plot and different layers. So I hope you like it. Feel free to leave me tips in the comments- I'm open to constructive criticism. [QUICK WARNING: VERY GORY. DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT LIKE GORE]

I gazed at the dark sky taking note at how the stars looked. They seemed brighter that night, ironic for what I was about to do. I walked up to the house that looked more like a hotel. It had two or more stories and a grand door that stood over 8 feet tall making me look like a dwarf despite my five foot nine height. I looked at my map. According to it there should've been a vent leading into a hallway not too far from the gold fountain. However I couldn't find the fountain in question. So I listened intently until I heard the glorious sound of running water. I followed the sound and stopped dead in my tracks and hid behind a nearby bush in the shape of a spooked horse on its hind legs. Daring to peek I looked under the horses raised leg and saw what I thought to be the silhouette of a person. I squinted trying to keep my breathing steady and stood there watching the silhouette for at least five minutes before I realized it was just a statue. I let out a sigh of relief and kept following the sound of the fountain. After a few more feet of walking I finally saw it. Consulting my map I looked for the vent. Towards the left maybe five feet from the fountain I finally found it. I took off my back pack and opened it looking for my screw driver. I pulled it out and unscrewed the screws. I removed the vent and crawled through.

 Inside the house was more impressive than outside. It looked more like a castle than a house. The walls were a deep royal red and the base boards were a shining gold. There were pictures of the family on the walls. Well not pictures, they were realistic portraits. Taking out the picture I had of my prey I compared it to the portraits. Wow I thought to myself the artist did a wonderful job, and he did. He got every last detail of the old man's face right down to the mole under his left eye. I consulted my map to find oldie's room. Following the hallway I was in, his room should've been the first door on the right. Also according to the map the kid's rooms were in this hallway as well. I guess they liked being around their great grandfather. I hope they had they're fun with him cause he won't be around for long, I thought. I approached Oldie's room and put my ear to the door. At first I heard nothing, so I pressed against the door even harder. Then after a few seconds I heard light snoring. I put one hand on the door knob and started to turn it slowly and with my other hand I reached into my back pack and pulled out my favorite knife. It was my favorite because my great grandmother gave it to me before she died. It had a shining silver two-sided blade with a dramatic curve and the handle was gold, black, and red with intricate designs of what seemed to be some ancient civilization.  I opened the door just wide enough to fit myself in and walked into his room then closed the door again.

Oldie was really well, old. He had wrinkles that hung like permanent bags under his eyes. There were wrinkles on his cheeks too. I compared Oldie's face to the face of my own great grandfather. The difference was very apparent. This old man looked as if he spent most of his time frowning and complaining. My great grandfather always smiled and had smile lines around his eyes and mouth. Oldie was really skinny too. It seemed as if I was doing him a favor by ending his life. Moving closer to his bed I took the cover off my knife and held it to his throat, bent down and whispered into his ear telling him to wake up. I don't know what it is about looking into the eyes of the person you're about to kill but the feeling is orgasmic. He didn't wake up! He still slept, so I shook him and that's when I saw the fear enter his eyes. He tried to scream but I shushed him. He tried to get up so I got on the bed and sat on him, knowing that he was too skinny to buck me off. I stared into his tear filled eyes as he whispered, "Why?"

"Money", I whispered back. His eyes then went then blank, empty, unseeing as I plunged the knife into his throat and warm blood slid down his neck soaking the bed spread. I got off the bed and felt for a pulse, and didn’t find one. Satisfied, I grabbed one of the cloths I kept in my bag and wiped his blood off my knife then threw the cloth into a trash can in the corner of the room. I looked at the watch I always wore when on the job it read 2:00 A.M. "Job well done" I whispered aloud and walked out of the room.

<<<<<I hope you liked it so far. I plan to continue making chapters of this if i get enough reads so share it if you like it and thanks for reading!!!! :D>>>>>>