A Talk With the Devil

"So what would you like to talk about Ari?" Tobias inquires.
"I told you not to call me that" I glare at him and continue, "Anyways...I want to talk about my mom"
He raises a brow, "I got to you huh?" I shoot him a glare.
"Yeah whatever. I just want to be sure that I haven't been killing innocent people all this time" I say while playing with the sleeve of my jacket.
"Okay well, Ari all I can say is that your life isn't what you think it is. I mean...everything you know is a lie. The person you trust most is really the one you should trust least. And soon the metaphorical shit is gonna hit the metaphorical fan" his eyes burn into mine with intensity. I don't know what he's talking about but I know it's serious.
"Tobias please stop speaking in riddles. Just tell me what's happening"
"I can't. It's too soon" I look at him like he's grown a third eye.
"What in the purple snapdragons are you talking about?"
"Snapdragons?" He asks flashing an amused smile.
"Yeah it's a flower. Seriously though, what the crap?"
"Don't go on your job tonight. I Rebecca hasn't done anything to deserve death"
"I don't know that yet. I'm sure there is a reason why my mom told me to go ahead with the job. I need to figure out why Rebecca is wanted dead. Please help me"
"I'm sorry Ari. I can't. All I can do is tell you not to go on the job and pray you listen"
"You know what? If you can't tell me anything and refuse to help me, then I'll just have to do the job"
"Ari, don't" once again his eyes pierce into mine and I can see the warning they hold.
"I have no other choice Tobias" and with that I hop off his bed and out his room and then out his house. He's probably just messing with me anyway. It seems like something he'd do. It's probably all a prank.

Hey y'all! Sorry this chappie is short. I've been writing on my bus so I'm on my phone. I was going to make it longer but it just feels like the chapter should end here. Anyways I hope all you lovely people have a nice day bye now!
Like
Share
Comment
And.....vote!