Out of time

I would just like to apologize I have been really ill the past week and a lot of bad things is happening with my school so I'm sorry that the chapter is late

Me and Chase were on another date to the bowling alley it's one of mine, Barry's and iris' favorite places in the world. We were walking to our lane when I heard Barry say "Oh, Eddie, you're up, man." "oh no Barry's here let's go," I said to Chase. "Oh, Bethany Hi what are you doing here?" Eddie asked stopping us from leaving. "yeah what are you doing hear you never told me you were going out tonight and who is this?" Barry asked suspiciously "Oh um this is Chase" I replied. "Hi nice to meet you" he introduced himself. "um Bethany now might be the time to tell Barry" Iris cut in. "tell me what?" He asked. "oh thanks, Iris," I said sarcastically. Barry gave me a confused look. I sighed "Barry please don't over react but me and Chase are dating" Eddie's phone buzzed "I got to go. Emergency at the morgue. Bye. See you at home." Eddie said leaving. "Hey, Linda, sorry, I should go too. They're going to need someone from the crime lab. I'll see you." Barry said giving her a kiss on the cheek. "Well, um... That was fun." Linda said awkwardly to Iris. "Yeah." Iris replied and they went there separate ways. "hay Chase the Captin said he wanted my help on cases for the next month I have to go," I told him. "yeah okay see you," he said kissing my cheek. I didn't lie to him David really does want my help on cases for the next month.

I suited up and Barry must have overshot it a little because he arrived a few seconds later. "What's going on? What do you see?" Cisco asked. "A dead body." me and Barry told him in unison. "Barry, Bethany you're in a morgue. You're gonna have to be a little more specific than that." Cisco replied. "The coroner, he's dead," Barry replied.

"The mayor's made this high priority," David told Joe. I was there before Barry was yet again. "Copy that, captain," Joe replied. Barry crashed into David spilling his coffee all over him. "Oh. Allen, my fiance just bought me this!" David said annoyed. "Yeah, I'm so sorry, captain." Barry tried to apologize when the Captin (David) cut him off. "Eh! Just help Joe find out who did this." "Mm-hmm," Barry replied. "What's with all the water? Did the sprinkler system go off or something?" Joe asked. Barry sighed "No, I checked all the sprinklers. They're all intact. But look at this." Barry said going over to the body there was little peace of ice around him. "What is that, ice?" Joe asked "Mm-hmm. The coroner has multiple impact bruises on his torso, all the size of a tennis ball. Judging by the amount of ice and water on the ground, I'm guessing he was killed by hail." I reported. "Hail? In here?" Joe asked in shock. "Yeah," Barry replied. "Do you think this was Snart?" Joe asked. "No, his cold-gun couldn't have done this," Barry replied. Eddie reported "Joe, we got something. The Coroner's office just installed an automated dictation system. Listen to this." coroner on tape: "Please, no more." Man on tape: "I'll stop when you tell me..." coroner on tape: "Stop." Man on tape: "Who killed him?" "I know that voice. That's Mardon." Joe said. "I want a name," Mardon said. "Clyde Mardon's dead," Eddie replied. "It's not Clyde Mardon. It's his brother, Mark." Joe replied. the coroner on tape: "It was Detective West. He shot him. Detective Joe West killed your brother." Mark on tape: "He will pay for what he did. Does he have any family?" The coroner on tape: "yes okay yes he has a daughter and two adopted kids but I only know two of their names now please stop" Mark on tape: "what are their names?" The coroner on tape: "Iris and Bethany I don't know the other one's name I sware." Mark on tape getting angrier: which one is younger?" Coroner one tape: "no don't okay okay Bethany is younger Bethany Allen now please let me go" Mark on tape: "Then she is my next target thanks for the help now goodbye" then the Coroner screamed on tape. Barry looked at me and side hugged me.

"So Clyde Mardon has a brother?" Caitlin said. "And both brothers survived the plane crash, and then the dark matter released from the particle accelerator explosion affects them both in virtually the same way," Wells reported. "Yeah, only Mark's powers seem to be a lot more precise. To be able to control the weather like that, indoors?" Barry told us. "You'd have to be a Weather Wizard. Ooh, been waiting since week one to use that one. Mm!" cisco said getting a brain freeze from drinking his slushy to fast. "Trigeminal headache?" Caitlin said. "What?" Cisco asked. "Trigeminal headache. Brain freeze." Caitlin told him. "Then why don't you just call it a brain freeze?" Cisco asked. "So I'm guessing you running around a twister in the opposite direction isn't gonna to do the trick this time." Joe said. "I just remembered. During our run-in with Mardon, Clyde Mardon, I was tinkering with something to help attract unbound atmospheric electrons." Cisco told us." Like a grounding mechanism?" I asked. "Yes, 'cause the only way that Mardon can control the weather... [phone vibrating] is if he can tap into the atmosphere's natural electrical circuit and if we take away that circuit, clear skies," Cisco explained. "Singh's checking in. I gotta go." Joe said. "Yeah, I'll meet you at the station," Barry said to him. "Joe, We'll find Mardon. Don't worry." Wells told him. "I'm not worried at all," Joe said leaving. "Well, he's taking being targeted by a revenge-seeking meta-human who wants to kill his adopted daughter to get to him rather well, I must say," Wells said. "Don't worry, Barry. Joe and Bethany will be fine, I promise." Wells promised. "Yeah, no, I know. I actually wanted to talk to you about something else." Barry said. "Mm-hmm?" Wells said wanting him to carry on "Um... Look, last night, on my way to the morgue, I saw something." he continued. "What'd you see?" Wells asked. "I was running and I turned and I saw myself. Or I don't know, another Flash running beside me." Barry explained "Interesting." Wells added. "Yeah. What do you think it was?" Barry asked. "Could be an optical illusion, a mirroring effect caused by wind shear and light, a speed mirage, if you will," Wells told him. "It didn't seem like that. It was... He seemed real." Barry told us. "I tell you what. Let's focus on finding Mardon, and once he's safely contained in The Pipeline, we'll investigate this." Wells said wheeling away.