December

~Merida and Hiccup~
Merida and Hiccup wandered around their house decorating it with the random Christmas decor. All they had left was their tree. "Real or fake?" Hiccup questioned as he stuck snowflake window clings to their living room window. The dogs happily ran around their legs, loving their new home.

"Is that even a question? Most definitely real." Merida chuckled as she placed a string of lights around the window. She's always loved Christmas.

"Cool. Let's load up the dogs and find ourselves a Christmas tree." Hiccup cheered. Merida nodded her head and grabbed her navy blue winter jacket. She remembered to grab gloves, which she usually forgets, and put the dogs on their leashes.

"Toothless, sit still." Merida smiled as the dog chased his tail in circles. Eventually, she hooked the dogs up and walked on the door with Hiccup hot on her trail. They happily jumped down the stairs and hopped into her car.

"Big or little?" He teased as he drove down the snow covered highway. Merida shot him a playful grin.

"How about one that fits in our living room?" Merida chuckled. Hiccup shrugged his shoulder.

"Good idea." He smiled. Eventually, they pulled into tree farm. They let the dogs go and walked around, trying to find what they wanted.

"Nope. Too small." Merida argued as they examined a tree. Merida was a tree expert. If they wanted their tree to last till Christmas, it needed large needles and a huge trunk.

"Just pick one!" Hiccup exclaimed as he pulled on the hair sticking out of his hat. He figured they had looked at every tree on the land. If it wasn't here, it was at the store...in a box....ready for them to put together.

Merida was running around, when suddenly, she stopped. She stared at the world's most perfect tree. The light snow fell from the sky. The sun brightly shone on the tree, making it call to her. She could almost hear angelic voices. "That one." She awed as she pointed to the evergreen tree.

Hiccup ran to her side to look at her pick. "That one? You're sure?" Hiccup panted. Personally, it was wayy too big to fit in their apartment, but if she wanted it, they would have it. Merida nodded her head as her eyes lit up.

"That's our tree. Hurry! Before someone else gets it!" She exclaimed as she ran to the tree. The dogs followed behind her, hopping in her tracks. They loved the snow and their owner. Hiccup nodded his head and ran to get a chainsaw. When he returned, he saw her laying on the ground.

"What are you doing?" He asked, leaning over his laughing wife. Her eyes looked bluer than ever against the white background.

"Making a snow angel doofus. What it look like?" She laughed. Hiccup shrugged his shoulders and cocked his head.

"I can see it. Somewhat." He teased. Merida's jaw playfully dropped. She looked flabbergasted.

"Let's see you do better!" She exclaimed as she kicked Hiccup's legs out from under him. He fell to the ground, sending snow flying. He groaned as he rubbed his back. But he was still determined to win.

"Watch me!" He smirked. He laid back and rubbed his arms and legs back and forth. As he was making his glorious angel, something licked his face over and over again. Then something jumped on top of him, making him sit up with a groan. Merida's snorts echoed across the farm. The dogs were attacking Hiccup.

"Looks like they thought you needed help." She chortled, holding her stomach tight. This was definitely a sight perfect for America's Funniest Home Videos. She could make millions.

"Toothless! You know that doesn't come out!" He whined as his dog licked his favorite green jacket. The dog happily barked and jumped in a circle. After Merida's laughs quieted down, she stood up and walked towards her husband.