We will be home a bit late. Your father ate something bad and now we are at the hospital, but he is ok. Be safe and lock all of the doors before going to bed.

I furrowed my eyebrows and rolled my eyes. Sure he ate something bad. She always makes up excuses so they could have a little fun with each other before coming home. How do I know that? I had secretly caught them in the action once, and let's just say I am scarred and always will be.

I placed my phone back of the bedside table and pulled out the covers before getting in bed. I placed the covers on top of me and turned the lamp off. I got comfy and closed my eyes. The next morning, I will hopefully forget everything happened and move on; as if that will be easy.

• • •

My eyes snapped open once I heard a loud bang suddenly erupt from the corner of my room. I furrowed my eyebrows and sat up, glancing at the clock that read, 3:59 am. I looked around my quiet room, wondering what had just happened. Slowly laying back down, I closed my eyes. But only to have them snap open again once a hand was slapped over my mouth, blocking my screaming and yelling.

Not again, please!

I stared at the intruder, and all I could see were strands of curly hair in the darkness of my room-I know I said I hated darkness; I swear this is the closest I will ever get to it. I started squirming once the intruder climbed on my bed, placing their legs on both sides of me. He pulled something out of his pocket and tied it around my wrists. I furiously shook my head and begged him to stop, but I knew he couldn't hear it and he wouldn't listen to me. He pulled out one more thing and tied it over my mouth.

He suddenly got off the bed and flung my on his shoulder before walking out of my room. I clenched my eyes closed and banged on his back, my sobs becoming a bit loud. He started walking faster as soon as he escaped from my house with me over his shoulder.

"Shut the hell up! Wouldn't want that pretty little face o'yours to be ruined, now would we?" He suddenly spoke. I immediately stopped crying, my eyes widening.

It's him. He's the man in the tunnel. His voice, it's the same voice.

I wanted so badly to know where he was taking me. But, why me? And how had he known where I lived? I soon recognized the familiar path he was walking along. This path only lead to one place, and that place was the tunnel.

I began begging through the cloth, wanting him to stop walking towards the tunnel. There was no use in telling him to put me down and bring me back to my house. Everything around me became dark and my muffled yelling was the only thing to be heard. As we got deeper into the tunnel, he finally stopped and threw me on the ground. I couldn't see a thing, but it was as if he could.

I flinched at the sight of the tiny match in his hand that suddenly lit up. My eyes trailed up to his face, my mouth slightly-opened as I finally got a chance to see who he was. He looked young, around my age-which is nineteen. I tried to speak up, but soon realized a piece of cloth was still covering my mouth. He chuckled and walked around the tunnel before picking up a big stick and lighting it on fire.

He blew out the match and tossed it behind him as soon as the torch like object started to glow more. He walked back over to me and finally untied the cloth, pulling it away from my mouth.

"W-What do you want from me?" I immediately asked him.

"Whoa, getting right to it, are we?" He smirked and chuckled, kneeling down in front of me. "I don't want that mouth of yours blabbing about what had happened earlier, and I plan on keeping it that way. If that's ok with you, of course?" He explained, adding a hint of sarcasm to his last few words.

"I won't tell anyone, I was never going to! I promise!" I pleaded to him, hoping he just might let me go.

"You don't get it," He smirked and shook his head.

"Get what?" I whispered, tilting my head so that I was staring at my hands.

"Damn, just let me rest for a second," He mumbled quite rudely might I add. He sat down and rubbed his tired eyes as I couldn't help the sarcasm when I mumbled these words,

"It's been a second."

If only you could see the fear in my eyes when he stopped moving and shifted his gaze over to me. He suddenly grabbed a tight hold of my jaw, leaning forward and pulling my face closer to his.

"Do you really wanna get fucking smart with me?" He growled, his eyebrows furrowed in an angry manner. I attempted to shake my head, but his hands kept my face straight.

"N-No," I finally mumbled, my chin trembling at the sight of how close we were to touching faces.

"That's what I thought," He whispered, gritting his teeth together. He finally let go of my jaw, allowing me to pull back and stare at the burning wood in his hand.

"Can I ask a question?" I asked politely as he stood up from the ground. Didn't he just say he needed to rest?

"You just did," He laughed and started walking further down the tunnel. I immediately stood and possessed myself to follow him. He knows where I live, he would just come back for me.

"What are you doing in this tunnel?" I asked him, ignoring his previous comment. He stopped walking, his back still facing me.

"I'm a runaway," He answered, my eyes slightly widening. "But I'm not a normal one."

___________________________
I apologize if this chapter was terrible.

P.S. Tate and Violet are my life. #AmericanHorrorStory haha