VIII. A Sudden Surprise

Start from the beginning

"That's great, honey!" Regina says with excitement, giving the boy a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

Emma peers down to look at the two, shifting from her sitting on her knees position to sitting on her buttocks. The rustling sound of the comforter makes Regina notice that Emma is still in the room. She turns to face Emma and gives her a nervous smile.

"H-honey, I want you to meet someone special," Regina says as she clears her throat, who is now sitting poised. She places a hand on the boy's shoulder and he looks up at her with a curious expression on his face. Regina introduces the woman who is sitting next to her with confidence knowing that if somehow she shows a bit of uneasiness, it will convey a message that something was wrong. Regina gives a sideways glance at Emma and back to the boy. "This is my good friend, Emma. Emma, this is Henry. My son."

Son? The news made Emma wonder, if somehow the woman of her dreams was already married. Her heart drops and all she could do is swallow the feeling of uneasiness that left her mouth partly dry, give a confident smile back and stick out her hand hoping the little boy before her will shake it. "Hi, Henry. I hope we can be good friends too."

Henry did not look up at Emma nor return the gesture as if to show that she is not important enough to give her his full attention. Henry is still holding his handheld system, looking intently into the screen for a few more seconds, leaving Emma still holding out her hand in an awkward position. He finally pauses the game and looks up at Emma with curiosity and did not hesitate to question her. "Are you really friends or are you dating my mom?"

There is a silence in the room. Emma's eyes widens, staring in disbelief at the prying boy. He might just be a boy, but questioning a stranger with such blunt expression, impresses Emma knowing that this little boy before her cares for his mother so much that he took on the role as her protector. So cute, Emma thought.

Regina breaks the silence as she clears her throat and put two hands on Henry's shoulders. She kneels down in a semi-squat position with one knee on the floor and looks up to face him. "Honey, Emma's just a really good friend."

"Then why were you holding onto her boobs?"

Hearing this ever so bluntly put question, with no restraints whatsoever, Regina is left in a frozen, mouth semi-gaping state. She did not quite know how to respond to her young son's unanticipated interrogation.

Emma gives Regina a sideways glace and sees that she is having a hard time coming up with a reply, so with her quick thinking, it at least bought the two women an excuse. "Your mom was just checking to see if one is bigger than the other."

Henry turns to face Emma, quizzically. "Really? They're not the same size?"

The curiosity of the boy was enough for Emma to signal her to approach him. "Yeah, kid."

Regina, still speechless gives Emma a look of shock, her eyes widens and slightly shakes her head in disapproval, signaling her not to continue on with this exchange. Emma just shoots her back a smile and whispers, "don't worry, trust me." Regina slightly scoffs and she grits her teeth while shaking her head. Emma kneels down next to Regina and gives her a charming smile, then turns to face Henry. "Did you know that for girls, one boob has to be bigger than the other? If not, they can be sick and need to get it checked."

Not convinced, Henry looks at Emma straight in the eye with his eyes narrowed and eyebrows furrowed. "Shouldn't it be the doctor that checks that sort of stuff, though?"

"Yeah, but that's when it's really serious," Emma replies and gives Henry a smile, authentic enough to convince the wise young boy. "Your mom just checked it for me and it's clear."

"Oh, okay. I guess that's a good thing then," Henry says thinking, as he blinks a few times still furrowing his eyebrows. "So which one is the bigger one?"

At that moment, Regina makes a face of defeat and lets out a sigh. She deadpans, but held her head high in a regal manner. She stands up from her kneeling position, remaining in composure. She turns around and saunters to the side of the bed to pick up the tray, still laying on the comforter, refraining herself from the feeling of regret that she had agreed earlier to Emma's don't worry, trust me statement. As Regina is doing this, Emma is intently following her with a sideways glance while replying to Henry. "Well, as you will now know, and for the record, by knowing such important information, you must not tell..."

"Like a secret?" Henry says, butting in with excitement. His eyes widens in awe as if he had just found a hidden treasure.

Emma returns to face Henry and lets out a chuckle. "Yes, very much so like a secret. You must not let this information leak out to anything or anyone at all. Understand?"

Henry nods in approval and a big smile is planted on his face. "We can call it Operation Cobra."

Emma nods in approval with a smug on her face. "Hmm, good one, kid. I like it."

Regina smiles to herself as she hears this while cleaning up the room.

"So, what's the secret?"

"Well, like I said. You mustn't tell a soul."

Henry nods again, making a zipping-the-mouth gesture while looking at Emma intently.

"The right one is usually the bigger one. You won't be able to tell just by looking at it. You have to feel it, because you'll know which one is heavier."

Henry is in awe with every word Emma tells him. His eyes widens and his mouth parts a little when he learns of this new secret, but kept his tongue tied, knowing that listening without interrupting is learning.

"Only girls and women are only the ones allowed to do this to each other, because boys are not suppose to touch girls anywhere, only when you're old enough and married. Understand?"

"Yes, I understand," Henry nods in agreement, then sticks his right hand out.

Emma's face puzzles at Henry's sudden hand gesture. "Hmm, what's this?"

"You said you wanted to be friends."

In this moment, Emma's heart felt lightness and this feeling leaves her smiling. Regina pauses from what she was doing and smiles at the beautiful view before her when she sees Emma standing up to meet her hand with Henry's to shake. Henry smiles back at Emma and at an instant, they became close.

-FIN-

I wanted to make this chapter sweet and not just raunchy... I hope you can forgive me, but there will be raunchiness soon! They still haven't had their first date yet. XD