VI. Sweet As Wine

Continuing...

[Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters from ABC's hit show, ONCE UPON A TIME.]

Emma could feel her heart pounding faster in her chest, feeling every beat drumming in a rhythm only love sick puppies could feel.

Regina rises from where she is sitting and with the ravishing confidence she exhumes, walks over to where Emma is standing. Regina stops right in front of Emma with only a few inches away from her face. Emma's heart is beating in double time by now, so loud that it's deafening. She swears to herself that Regina could definitely hear her heart and feel her nerves.

"I wanted to ask you if..." Regina starts to say, but pauses and give Emma a quick comforting smile.

"I-if what P-professor?" Emma's words begin to fumble, though she kept her stone composure, not wanting to rise any more suspicions than she already have.

Regina bites her lip before continuing, "If you're of legal age."

Legal age? What the-?? Emma is stunned at the words she had just heard. Her eyes, now wide open whilst thinking of what could this gorgeous of a woman in front of her meant with such a prodding question. Of legal age... What did she mean by that? Of legal age... Is she asking for permission? Oh my God, what if she is?

"Are you alright, Emma?" Regina asks as her facial expression becomes curious.

Emma, still lost in thought, did not respond.

"Are you and your friends of legal age to attend the wine tasting this weekend?"

"Wine tasting?" Emma is still in her own world, not able to put two and two together. A few seconds pass and the blonde suddenly realize that this perfection of a woman standing before her is merely asking a simple question. "Oh yes, the wine tasting! Yes, we're of legal age." Emma answers nervously, after what seemed like an eternity.

"That's good news. Then I will expect you to be there." Regina smiles and returns to her desk. "Apple ale will sure be on the list."

"I can't wait to try it," Emma affirms with delight as she makes her way towards the exit. "I'll see you there, Professor."

As Emma made her way out the door, she sighs deeply knowing that she just made a fool of herself. Emma knew that her professor had a mind as sharp as a needle and adding to that, a professor of psychology. Ugh, I am an utter failure. I can't even keep a straight face. And we're all of legal age? Ugh, total lie! I hope she didn't see right through that. Then again, maybe she already knew! Jeez! How am I gonna face her this upcoming weekend...? Damn, there's no point in sulking now. Ruby better gets us those fake IDs.

Emma makes her way to the university parking lot, gets in her car then drives to her younger brother's school to drop off his bag lunch. When it comes to her brother, Emma is the big sister anyone could hope for. If Neal is lucky to have a caring sister such as her, then anyone else that wins her heart will sure be a lucky one too.

-Saturday morning/ Swan residence-

Belle, Emma and Ruby are sitting on Emma's bed in her room. Ruby takes three pieces of what seems like identification cards from her custom knapsack bag.

"Wow, your cousin did pull through, Rubes. I'm impressed," Belle says with excitement.

"Of course he'll pull through. My cousin, Onyx's the best," Ruby says proudly.

"Anything illegal sure do excite you, Bells," Emma teases.

"Yeah, what's up with that miss 'Belle of the Ball'?" Ruby jokes back, joining Emma. "Never thought miss goodie-two-shoes over here had any balls."