SUBORDINATE CLAUSES

BRIEF SUMMARY

Clara didn't picture the day before Christmas Eve going like this. And by this, she means in court, handcuffed and humiliated, for the attempted murder of Saint Nicholas Kristopher Kringle Claus (or "Santa", for short).

FULL SUMMARY

Clara would like to point out that she had no plans to sneak out of her room and "try out Santa's new sleigh for size" as ruddy-freaking-Rudy had suggested at ten-thirty at night. As one of the few elves in Nick's (yes, you heard right little elvlings: first name basis—suck it) inner circle, she would never do such a thing to jeopardize not only her superior position but her continued presence in the village as neither worker nor weather elf.

So, basically, when she winds up in court, handcuffed and humiliated, for the attempted murder of Saint Nicholas Kristopher Kringle Claus (or "Santa", for short) she pins the entire thing on Rudy. Unpredictably, though, Rudy throws her to the wolves (or reindeer, whatever). Now the unlikely pair has to band together to complete a task that no one but Nicky-dearest himself has ever successfully achieved: tackling a seventy-three thousand and five-hundred pound sack, one hundred and ninety six countries, and seven continents all in one Christmas Eve.