FAR OUT

SUMMARY

ALIEN ABDUCTIONS IN BELMONT? Creator of world wide known podcast "Out There," Rudy Phelps tells the out of this world tale of his experiences staying in Belmont, Nevada, a town most commonly known for being a hub of paranormal happenings and the safe haven of many victims of alien abduction. Read the full story on PAGE 4.

PAGE 4

podcast_17.wav

Normally, when it comes to aliens, I like to limit myself to the Men in Black movies, reruns of Doctor Who, and the occasional crappy SyFy movie. Like most citizens of this planet, I turn a blind eye to anything extraterrestrial, but for Belmont, Nevada, a hidden gem on the outskirts of the notorious military base Area 51, alien encounters have become the small town's normality. That's why, listeners, I've taken it upon myself to take a little road trip. I've covered werewolves and vampires and mermaids and for fuck's sake, mandroids -- I think it's about time I find myself an E.T.

✩ ✩ ✩

Rudy wears a beanie, collects outrageous Weekly World News articles, and runs a world-famous podcast on all things supernatural. When he gets an e-mail from Percy, a fan in a town called Belmont, Nevada with the delusion that her father's been taken by aliens, Rudy takes the case. Crop circles, strange lights in the sky, and "for fuck's sake" alien abductions ensue.

CITIZENS

I. BELMONT, NEVADA

citizens -

ARLINGTON, accidental jackass, still wears high school lacrosse jersey, hates being called arlo, also hates his friends, so fucking gay, but you know, no homo

EDITH, prefers to be called eddie, often mistaken as a boy, the official Broheim, kicks ass in Mario Kart, is possibly in don't-fucking-call-it-love with harper, was a trucker named darnelle in previous life

FREDERICK, goes by his last name (harper), moved to belmont his junior year, doesn't really understand why his friends are blacker than he is, sells alien merchandise / his very own docu-mystery to tourists on the dl

PERCY, won the shortest citizen of belmont award three years in a row, was a golden retriever in past life, believes father was abducted by aliens, 82 percent chance is actually crazy

other -

RUDY, wears glasses, (doesn't show any vision problems?? will continue to investigate) is always talking to himself, runs a podcast about the supernatural, really has no idea what the hell he's getting himself into

CHAPTER ONE

R U D Y walked into the shower with his socks on this morning. He didn't notice until halfway through.

If he was an English major, he'd call that fucking foreshadowing for how crazy his entire day was about to be, but he's not. He's a Philosophy major so he's just gonna say that's life and order a coffee, black.

It isn't out of the ordinary to see the boy sitting there. Third booth next to the window. Laptop open. Journal -- sorry, investigative notebook -- flipped to a blank page. Half empty cup of coffee sitting dangerously next to laptop. Normal.

He just really hopes Triple Grande Non-fat Latte behind him wasn't sneaking a peek at his computer screen.

It's not like he had porn, or worse, his Archive of Our Own tag, opened on his web screen but it would be really hard to explain his web search for "steals and replaces human babies" to the guy.