Surprise

"M-Mum?" words manage to escape my mouth.

I look at my mother, unclothed on a stainless steel table, her whole body... burnt... bloody... dirty... I fall to the ground on my knees and start crying, really hard. I hear at least 3 people running and finally stop as they burst open my hospital room door. I look up at them, my face... red. My eyes... puffy with waves of water still pouring out. My hair... as messy as it could possibly be. All 3 nurses run up to me and help me stand on my feet. 

"Is.. she... alive?.." I manage to say.

"As you can see.." The first nurse goes over to this machine and tells me that it helps my mum stay alive.

"But she... Never mind." The oldest nurse says while walking out of the room. I stare at her for that whole time. Thinking about what she was going to say.

The other nurses follow the other nurse out of the room and shut the door. I look down and walk over to my hospital bed and sit down on it. I look over my shoulder and look out the window. A happy family, having a picnic across the road at a park. A little smile comes on my face and a single tear comes down my cheek.

-Time skip to next morning-

I open my eyes slightly as I hear voices around me. I sit there in shock, not saying anything. 

"Surprise!!" The people yell in the room. It goes silent and I'm still trying to figure out who is even here.

"Hey (y/n)... T-These are for y-you.." He says blushing.

"M-Morty?" I say quietly and he smiles. 

I then look around the room and I see his whole family. His whole family came to see me?

Morty hands me (your favourite colour) flowers, I smile as I smell them. His whole family smiles and waves. They all leave the room but Morty stays. Its just... Me and Morty... Morty and I. 

"Why'd you come and see me? I-I thought you hated me.." I said the last bit quietly. 

He looks at me like I'm crazy, but then looks down and his mood completely changes. He lost his colour.

"I care about you..." He says quietly hoping i didn't hear, but oh i heard alright. I blush not saying a thing. 

"And i'm sorry about Jessica... She.. She kissed me... I don't even like her... anymore....." He says still talking quietly.

ANYMORE?? HE LIKED HER?? SINCE WHEN?? HOW CAN ANYONE FALL IN LOVE WITH THAT RED HAIRED DEVIL!!!

I fake smile at him and he smiles back. Good, he didn't notice. But quick, THINK OF AN EXCUSE!! 

"I need... to go... take my...... Morning tablets... yeah..." I lie. I can't believe I'm lying to him just to get out of this awkward conversation. Any other girls would be crying and talking to him all day if their crush came to visit them while they were 'sick'. He looks at me with sad eyes, but faking a smile. 

"yeah.. see you.. um.. later then.." He says awkwardly as he exits the room.  

Why did i do that? i'm such an idiot! I need him back. I made a mistake! 

---

Sorry for the short chapter.. Shit has been happening in my family and I haven't been able to write. I'm soooooo sorry!! I'll try write as much as I can. I hope you guys are enjoying this story so far! Get ready for the next chapter ;)