Chapter 15: Nekoma

My eye twitched as I watched Hinata marvel over every single thing in the house. The first day of training camp had just ended. The house we'd be staying in was close to school, so we'd have more time to practice. Today was just the first day of rigurous training and I was already feeling it.

I had to admit coach Ukai was a good one. He was strict and pushed us to our limits, but he knew how to play and how to coach us. Though, he still didn't seem to be really into it. A sigh escaped my lips when Hinata raced through the hallways, exploring every room.

"You need to calm down." Tobio said. His hands were snuggly placed inside his pockets as he had his bag on his back.

Hinata turned to look over his shoulder as he opened yet another door. "But it's my first time on training camp!" he exclaimed. His smile was so big I was almost afraid it could tear his face in half. The twinkling in his eyes was just creepy.

"I have to hang around this slovenly bunch all day." Tsukishima said. "What's so fun about that?"

I nodded in agreement. "I agree. Being in the same house as these guys seems like hell to me." I said. 

The two of us looked at each other and sighed in annoyance when Tanaka said, "You bastards..." We ignored him as we walked passed the guy that was burning with hate.

"We need all the luck we can get." I said, putting my hands in my pockets.

Tsukishima huffed. "That wouldn't be enough." he said.

We all walked up to the dining room and took place around the table. I was seated between Yamaguchi and Tsukishima. I licked my lips when I saw all the food in front of me. "Thanks for the food." we chorused.

I broke my chopsticks apart and started shovelling the food inside my mouth. I managed to fit seconds, thirds and even fourths in there. I felt someone stare at me and looked up as I was on my fifth serving. "What?" I asked after swallowing.

"How can you eat so much?" Tsukishima asked. His eyes were shining with actual curiosity for once.

I shrugged. "I don't know. I've always been able to eat this much and still stay the same weight." I said.

He tilted his head to the side. "How are you not fat?" he asked.

I blinked at him. "I'm kinda fat, though." I said. I poked my stomach, which wasn't the flattest. Or at least not according to what society these days tells you. I was a bit chubby, which was for modern society already fat. "Well, according to all those photoshopped magazines." I said.

"You're not fat, though." Yamaguchi said. The boy smiled at me as he put his chopsticks down.

Shaking my head, I looked between Tsukki and Yamaguchi. "I know that, Tadashi-- Can I call you Tadashi?" I asked. 

"Sure." the boy answered.

Nodding, I said, "As I said, I know I'm not fat. The rich and beautiful say I am." I looked down, thinking back to a conversation I had with my dad the other day. He said I had to lose some weight, because I was getting chubby.

"I agree." Tsukishima mumbled before standing up and walking off.

I rose an eyebrow as I narrowed my eyes at his retreating form. I turned back to Yamaguchi and asked, "What was that about?" Seeing Yamaguchi giggle to himself creeped me out even more. Putting down my chopsticks, I excused myself to go to my room.

I had my own room in the house, seeing as I didn't want to be sleeping in the same room as the guys. I was just checking the weather forecast when someone knocked on my door. "Come in." I said as I stared at the computer screen intently.