Chapter 10: Bring it

Tobio's eyes widened. His shoulders tensed as he watched his former teammate walk over to Seijoh's bench. "Oikawa, you're back." their coach said. "How's the ankle?" he asked. 

Oikawa gave a grin and held his hand in the universal sign of 'Okay'. "It's fine. I can get back to regular practice. It was just a slight sprain." he said. 

My fists clenched subconsciously at his words. He could get back to practice, he had no worries. I crossed my arms tightly as I glared at him, wanting him to feel my wrath. I was shaking with anger, and jealousy. I was so incredibly jealous I could almost see green.

"Green isn't a good color on you." Tsukishima repeated my words with a smirk. His smirk disappeared instantly when he saw my glare and angry demeanor. 

Yamaguchi shuffled hesitantly. "Are you okay, Akira-chan?" he asked me. He managed to get the whole team's attention with that question, all eyes turning to me. 

I shook my head.  I released an angry exhale and scoffed. "I can't believe someone could be so simple about an injury." I said. I slowly forced my arms to fall to my sides.

Daichi-senpai frowned as he obviously understood where I was coming from; They all knew. I swallowed and breathed deeply. Once I was a bit more calmed, I said, "Sorry." 

They shook their heads and smiled. "It's okay, Akira-chan." Suga-senpai said. A small smile creeped onto my face as I nodded in thanks.

My calm state changed to annoyed quickly at the sound of the squealing girls. "Oikawa-san! Take care of yourself!" they yelled. Oikawa turned his head and smiled, waving at them. I swear the girls almost fainted just from that.

Tanaka was obviously just as annoyed as I was. "Akira, Kageyama, who's the nice guy?" he asked, face scrunched up. "I find him unpleasant." he said.

"He's the captain of Seijoh." Daichi-senpai answered.

"Oikawa-san is a super-aggressive setter. His attack power is also probably at the top of his team and he's got a terrible personality." Tobio said.

Rolling my eyes at him, I looked back at Oikawa. "Tooru's not one to mess with. He's a genius setter, always knowing exactly how to bring out the best in his team." I said. "And you of all people can't say he has a terrible personality, Tobio." I said.

"Like yours is any better." Tsukishima answered. 

I smirked at him. "You're right. Mine is even worse, which is exactly why me and Tooru have this weird love-hate friendship between us. Like I said. Frenemies." I explained.

Tanaka glanced at Tooru from over his shoulder. "Do you know him from Kitagawa Daiichi?" he asked us. 

Nodding at him, Tobio answered, "He was our senpai in junior high." 

Then, Tooru turned to us, his gaze fixed on Tobio. "Yoohoo, Tobio-chan, it's been a while." he said. He waved with that fake smile of his plastered on his face. I watched as Iwaizumi, Kunimi and Kindaichi walked up to him and nudged him.

Tooru froze up and slowly turned his head in my direction. His eyes shocked and unbelieving. I stared back at him, a smirk on my face as I gave a two-finger salute. "Good to see you, Tooru." I said. 

He looked at me, his mouth on the floor before he managed to compose himself. "Well, well. What's the Queen doing here?" he asked.

I licked my lips as I pulled off my sweater and threw it on the bench. "I'm here to beat you, Tooru." I said. Then I turned to Suga-senpai and said, "I'll go warm up. Please put me in as libero later on."