The Girl of His Dreams

They're walking down the shore,the water crashing down their feet.Louise,the girl on her side,thread her fingers with his.

The boy,Carl,look up onto her face and smiled.She is the girl he wanted all of his life.She's perfect and no one ever compare to her.

It was windy,resulting her hair to be slightly ruffled. As strands of her hair falls down to her face,he willingly tuck it behind her ears,revealing the baby blue eyes she possesses.

Louise blushes and smiled at the gesture.She closes the distance between them,lightly squeezing their interlocked fingers.He closes his eyes,savouring the presence of her.

In just a matter of seconds,her lips are against him. It was just a smack of lips,but it made Carl blissful.And that thing makes up his final decision to marry her.

Prying his eyes open,his lips still damp from their kiss,he found himself facing on the ceiling and not on a girl.He turned to gaze at a woman to his side,just to be met with pillows.He found no one.

He realized,his lips aren't wet by the kiss,but from the tears that are already rolling down his cheeks since the time he woke up.

He is broken.Empty.Lifeless.

What is his worth if the only girl he ever loved already died?

He close his eyes,trying to drift off back to sleep.Hoping he would be back into his dream world.Where he could be with his girl.Which likely,would never happen again in reality.