Vehicle - Part Two

Start from the beginning

"Mmhmm. You will be later," she replied and Sirius grimaced as he continued on toward the kitchen. She placed the bag on the kitchen table and began to withdraw the food. "Ooo! Brats! I don't think we have any good mustard though," she whined.

"Yes you do," Laurie cooed.

"Yay!"

"Did you get the box that was in the boot of the car," Laurie asked; Sirius sighed: he had not.

"Wasn't aware there was something in the boot," he confessed, his face suddenly flushed..

Laurie cupped his face in her hands. "Not to worry," she said. "I'll go fetch it."

"Noooo, I'll go fetch it. That's what dogs do isn't it...fetch things," he said as he returned to the front door.

Sirius trotted back out to the car and returned a moment later with a small plainly-wrapped box, addressed to Liesel. "Is this it," he asked.

Laurie nodded and motioned that he should give it to her. When Liesel saw the box, she squealed with delight and took the box and grabbed Lily's hand and together they sat down on the sofa. "These are the chips that I was telling you about!"

"Oh, you mean the crisps!"

Liesel nodded and carefully opened the box and looked inside, then withdrew a large white tin with blue lettering; Sirius tilted his head and read the painted label and watched as she removed the tin; clearly the box had been enchanted, for the tin was far larger than the box was. He looked to John and motioned toward the girls.

"Dieffenbach's Crisps," John said. "Prepared a special way. They're her very favorite."

Liesel read the weight on the large tin. "Six pounds of potato chips! Daddy!"

John chuckled. "Don't know when we'll be able to visit, so I thought..."

Liesel didn't give him a chance to finish his sentence and hugged his neck so tightly, that they looked like they may topple over. "Thank you!"

Sirius smiled warmly at seeing the tender display and he secretly felt a bit envious.

"Wait until you try these! They're amazing!" She opened the large plastic bag inside the tin then held out the tin, offering her mates a taste of one of her favorite treats on the face of the planet. "It's a bit different, it's not a light crisp at all. It's a heavier taste..."

Lily and Sirius looked to the other with raised brows and bit into the fried potato. Lily locked eyes with her and wrinkled her nose. "Sorry love. It's not my cup of tea. The taste is good, but it's...it's..."

"The consistency," Sirius added. "It's...heavy." He smiled finally. "I bet it's amazing with tomato soup and your grilled cheese sandwiches, isn't it?" He smiled knowingly.

Liesel smiled shyly and nodded.

John moved in behind her and looked Sirius in the eye. "I see you've had that meal with her before?"

Sirius nodded as he grinned. "Every lunch on Saturdays. Like clockwork. Then we go to Sunday dinner at the Potters and then return to school. I eat quite well on the weekends!"

"Well, you're quite lucky that she loves to cook," John said. "You're not supposed to be so predictable, darling," John added in a whisper and Liesel shrugged her shoulders.

"I like what I like," she offered apologetically.

Finally Lily gasped. "Wait a minute! I've seen you dunk your crisps in your soup...Liesel these would be absolutely amazing for that!"