Feels Like the First Time

Seventh year kept all of the students busier than they'd ever been in their lives. Each had worked hard, and despite personal setbacks, such as when death eaters nearly murdering her father while on assignment, the still managed to hold it together. Sirius, James, Remus and Peter stayed at Sirius' house on the weekends and James made it a point to visit his aging parents at least once a week. Lily, as head girl often caught flack from those students who swore by what Sirius called, the pure-blood-mania and she often received back up from James and Liesel because they were both pureblood, thus branding them blood traitors. This upset the students to no end...

Liesel secured the week's Gryffindor password from Sirius as usual and walked up to the Fat Lady's portrait. "Roguish Dragon," she said quietly.

The Fat Lady looked at her and grinned as the locking mechanism unlocked the portal door. "Off to see Sirius then?"

"Something like that. I want to, um, talk to him."

"Ah. Well, good luck dear. I hear that he's been rather moody as of late."

"Yeah, I know. Thanks for letting me in," she said.

"Of course dear. You had the correct password."

The portal door swung open for and she walked through the corridor and into the common room, where a few students still lingered. It was a nice day out and most of the students were outside. One of the few that wasn't however, was Sirius. She smiled at the fraternal twin second years who spearheaded the Sirius Black Fan Club as she passed them and continued on her way to the boys' dorm rooms and stopped on the staircase. "You two ready to be Third Years," she asked.

The twins looked up toward her and nodded as they smiled, then returned their attention to their books.

When she reached the door, she knocked quietly.

"Wot," came an aggravated voice from within. She smiled hearing his voice. She had finally found him.

She leaned on the door jamb. "It's me, can I come in?"

She heard his feet hit the floor as he leaped off the bed and run toward the door. He opened it and looked down into her eyes. "Hey," he said warmly with a big smile on his face. "Is anything wrong?"

She raised her brow and shook her head. "No. Does something have to be wrong for me to want to come and see you?"

He blinked his eyes slowly and peered out from the door into the corridor and his smile grew. He shrugged his shoulders. "No," he replied with a shake of his head as he opened the door wider. "Wanna come in?"

She nodded and skirted in beneath his arm. "So what are you doing in here all by yourself?"

"Studying if you can believe it?" He closed the door behind him and approached his bed to gather his study materials.

Her eyes widened enough to make herself look silly as she sat down on his bed and when he removed the books and parchments, she let her body fall back, throwing her arms up. "You? Study? Say it isn't so!"

Oh God! Please let there be a heaven, he thought as he looked down at her, grinning like the Cheshire Cat, because I'm happily dying here! She reached up for his hand and pulled him toward her for a gentle kiss. One kiss became two and then three and then a very long, drawn out wet kiss. Yes, I'm definitely dying here. She chuckled.

"What's the matter," she asked playfully pushing him away, knowing that the dog in him would see it as playfulness.

"Nothing," he replied as he knelt down next to the bed and crossed his arms, resting his chin on them. "Hey, I figured we could have a graduation celebration next weekend. You know, invite everybody we know...?"