Lawyers, Guns and Money - Part Two

Three seconds later, Liesel was staring at a large black dog, about the size of a small bear. She heard Romulus bark and roo as he pranced, eager to get to the new dog and she released him as Sirius had requested. Sirius' animagus stood tall and did not move an inch, but his posture was relaxed. Romulus skidded to a halt and sniffed the animagus, then whimpered. Sirius' animagus gave a play-bow and then took off around the room followed eagerly by Romulus. He stopped abruptly and allowed Romulus to place his head over his shoulders. Romulus then bolted and Sirius' animagus gave chase.

She heard Lily gasp and she pointed to where James had been crouched down and the gazed upon a very large magnificent stag.

"Day-um," Liesel said beneath her breath. She also heard Lily whimpering. "Hey! What's wrong! They're not going to hurt anyone! It's okay! Don't cry sweetie! Please!"

"Oh! I know they won't," she cried.

"Then what's wrong!"

Lily took the younger girl's hands in hers. "Do you know what the Patronus Charm is?"

"Yes of course I do, why?"

"Are you able to produce one?"

Liesel nodded. "Yeah, my dad made sure I could. Why?"

"Lovely...that's really good! And what is it?"

Liesel blushed. "It's a...cat. A big cat," she said as she nodded her head and rolled her eyes.

"Well of course it is!" Lily smiled through her tears as she nodded. "And you're being so smart about it all...you're not fighting your feelings at all...not at all like me..."

Liesel looked into Lily's emerald green eyes. "Ohhhhh."

Lily nodded. "Mmhmm...

Liesel felt Sirius' hot breath in her ear. "And now you know why I said what I said in the Great Hall." Sirius reached his fingers into her front pocket and she quickly moved away, but not before he managed to grab a homemade dog biscuit. He stuffed it into his mouth and closed his eyes. "Mmmmm..." He nodded. "Mmhmm, these are amazing," he said, his mouth salivating. "Apple, cinnamon and peanut butter! I've died and gone to doggy heaven!" He looked up and motioned toward James and Lily. "He's waited six years for this," he whispered.

"Sirius, you look like you're gonna cry!"

He nodded. "I've invested heavily in them. We all have." Never had Sirius seen his best friend look so vulnerable. He finally pursed his lips and threw a kiss in their direction.

James looked over Lily's shoulder at him. "Shut it!" Lily looked over her shoulder and hid her face in her hands. "No, no, no...please don't hide. You have to have known that I've loved you since...since forever!"

Lily nodded. "I know!"

"Please tell me that you feel something other than pure hatred for me!"

"I don't hate you James," she said.

"Then why are you so mean to me!"

"Because," she said fidgeting a bit.

"Because why?"

"Because you expect it and..." She began to giggle.

"And what?"

Lily was outright laughing now. "And because it's fun..."

"FUN!"

Lily nodded and tears spilled from her eyes and she placed her hands on his chest. "Yes, it's fun to watch you squirm, and see what you're going to do next to win my heart."