Where They Went

Ember arrived back in Hell and she went straight to the Torture Room. She waited for Him to come. He entered the room a few minutes later, but instead of looking young and sexy he looked old and hideous. This was not the man she loved.

"Get out of her." He commanded. She did as what she was told and removed herself from the elderly woman's body. Ember continued to stare in disgust at Him. God, he was so ugly now.

"What happened to you?' He looked at her, face hard and angry.

"What happened to me? What happened to you! You failed!" His voice boomed in an echo. She rolled her eyes and flipped her hair. 

"Please, change your... look, before I splash Holy Water on your sagging ass." Her body burned. She dropped to the ground in pain. 

"You will not disrespect me! I am your ruler. I control you." The woman smiled at their banter. Ember's stupid hatred of the elderly would provide the perfect distraction for the Witch to get out of here and back to Heaven where God could protect her just enough so none of the Demons could find and harm her. She would also be able to try to help Camille one last time. She didn't know how or why but she was determined to help that girl. Her neck snapped, but she did not die. 

The Witch heard the frustrated clicks of Ember's heels. Two seconds later Ember was on the ground, eye level with her. Ember's eyes were burning an angry red. "Why aren't you dead?!" She screeched. The Witch smiled.

"You can't kill me." 

"But I can." Lucifer said. That was true. "And I can grant her the Power to also." That was also true. Ember's eyes lit up, eager and thirsty for blood. Ember stood up, straightened her pink and red sparkly dress. She licked her lips maliciously. "But, I won't." Ember frowned. "You had one task. To stop your most motivated friend and you chose Clairece?

"It was meant as a warning."

"Clearly, Camille didn't pick up on your warning. I have plans for both of you." Ember smiled.

"Good, I hope." He smiled back at her.

"Only the best idea I've had all the while you were here." They sat there staring at each other until he called Lilith's name. 

A blonde woman came in. She was gorgeous. She pushed Ember out of the way and killed the Witch. "That was my job! You said I could do it!" Ember shouted.

"Maybe you should listen to your Master." Lilith said, tilting her head. "Don't worry, you'll listen to both of them now." Ember cowered as Lilith and Lucifer backed her into a corner.

Camille had no idea what to do. She sat on top of a cliff on a boulder. She got up and walked to the edge and looked down. Would she have to die to get to the place she wanted to go? Where would she end up? Was suicide still considered a selfish act if no one was around to care. If the human race was done for anyway? She exhaled about to do something she couldn't undo this time.

"Don't jump." Ember. Camille sighed. 

"And why should I listen to you?"

"I'm trapped as a slave to Him and Lilith. Go to the Witch's house. There's a Portal in the wardrobe in the bedroom that has the blue and white sheets. That will take you where belong."

"Why should I trust you?" The Witch was dead. Lucifer brought Lilith to do what Ember could not.  Now it was Ember's time to seek Redemption. It was Ember's time to escape.

"Meet me there. I'm coming with you." 

"God won't let a girl like you in."

"Come here."  After that Camille heard nothing but silence. The connection between the two of them was lost. Despite the terrible feeling in her gut, she still went to the Witch's house.

When Camille got there she immediately wanted to back out, but she knew it was too late for that now. There was a man with Ember. "Who's that?" Camille demanded.

"One of the certified Demons." Ember muttered.

"She needed a babysitter." 

"I knew I shouldn't have trusted you."

"Go." Ember said quietly, her eyes flickering to the door and back to Camille. At first Camille thought this was some sort of trick, but realized Ember was serious this time. "I said go!" Camille ran inside the house and up the stairs, into the bedroom. A blonde woman was there blocking the door. "Lilith." Ember said in surprise. 

"You think you're clever, eh? Little bitch wasn't clever enough were you?" The woman, Lilith said with a wicked smile on her face. Both girls trembled with fear and adrenaline. They were so close. 

"Let your final seconds together be known that this time Ember didn't mean to betray you. We just outsmarted her." The Devil was back. He looked young and handsome again.

"This should seem familiar." Lilith sliced Ember with a large sword. Camille watched the final death of her friend all over again, this time Ember just disappeared. There was no blood, just poof.

"Must you be so dramatic?" He asked.

"You like dramatic sluts these days." 

"I never liked her." 

"What about this one? What are we going to do with her? She's still breathing." The Devil shrugged.

"Do what you want." He put his finger under Camille's chin. "I told you there was no way you could win." They killed Camille a final time. 

She wasn't in Hell. She wasn't in Heaven. She was somewhere in between. Not on Earth, but Purgatory. 

Amber had a different Fate. She remained in Hell as Lilith and Lucifer's slave. Not trusted enough for the New World's errands, but for mediocre tasks in Hell. Torturing the newbies and watching the Masters do romantic things with and to each other. When she wasn't being a slaved or forced to have her heart tore from where her Soul could have been, she was back in the Line.

A/N

Final Chapter guys. I hope you enjoyed this story, I'm thinking about making it into a script and adding more action. Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoy this final chapter. This has been one of my favorite works and although I am sad to see it end, I am happy that it will make room for new projects that I can share with you all.

~Amara