Devil in Disguise

Ember and Stef were chatting and giggling about something when Camille and Clairece entered the room. They stopped laughing and eyed them up. Camille and Clairece exchanged glances. "Let's go somewhere else." Camille muttered, feeling uncomfortable.

"Why?" Stef asked. "We already know about your plan." Camille shot an accusing look at Clairece. The girl couldn't keep her mouth shut. Camille knew she couldn't trust her with Ember....

"Don't look at me!" Ember pushed her hair behind her shoulder and smirked.

"I told Stef." Crimson said, popping out of nowhere. Camille groaned.

"Why?"

"Relax." Ember said, rolling her eyes. "It isn't going to work anyway. For once looks and brains go together. He's smart. You won't get out. He won't let you. You'll just end up like Clarence." Everyone looked at her in shock.

"Where is he?" Clairece asked. Ember shrugged, looking at a magazine that was on the table. Camille slammed her hands on the table, making everyone except for Ember jump.

"She asked you a question." She said through gritted teeth. Ember just looked up. Her eyes were red. Just two red pupils. Not black like in the movies. It was like her eyes were on fire. Camille gave a sharp intake of breath. Ember gave an evil smile, satisfied with the reaction. Her eyes went back to normal.

"How did you..." Stef never finished her question. Ember didn't acknowledge the question or anyone besides Camille. She kept her now brown eyes on Camille.

"I don't know where he is. All I know is, it isn't where you want to end up. We're safe here. Follow Lucifer's orders. Stay out of where Clarence is. Get rewards. It's simple. It's all we have to do. Break the rules and end up like Clarence." It was a vague warning, one Camille wouldn't keep. All she did was say,

"Let's go." Clairece looked scared.

"Don't say I didn't warn you." Ember sang.

"What were you two all giggly about before we came in?" Camille asked suspiciously. Stef looked guiltily at Crimson and bit her lip, not wanting to admit she was checking out another guy. Ember rolled her eyes.

"Nothing." Camille's eyes narrowed.

"Liar."

"It's really nothing important."

"Then why'd you go quiet the second we came in? Sounds like you're talking shit." Ember laughed.

"Camille, you're so vain. No wonder you're here. Trust me. It has nothing to do with you."

"We were talking about a guy." Stef admitted, not making eye contact with Crimson. A guy? Had someone else died?

"Who?"

"A very hot guy." Ember added, smiling.

"Who?" Camille repeated.

"Who do you think?" She acted like Camille was stupid. "You know my type." She said, throwing her legs on the table, gorgeous red heels shining bright from a light. The only guy they both knew of that was still around was Crimson.

"Crimson is not your type." Ember put her feet back on the floor and leaned forward, elbows on her knees.

"Duh. This guy has power and eternal wealth." Oh God, that thing. "He's charming and a genius." Camille cocked an eyebrow. When was old creep Ember's type? Never. Clairece was the brains of the operation though and she figured it out.

"The Devil comes in many forms. Stef and Ember see Him as someone attractive, whereas I see him as an old man. Sometimes a creature. He can shift his image to how he wants it. To what he wants us to believe." Ember smiled, glad someone caught on. Crimson made a face.

Crimson was Athiest in the past life. His dying wish was to be where his beloved Stef was. Wish granted.

"A blob over me?" The girls all looked at him. "What? All I see is a blob of throw up." I wasn't an attractive old man, but I really looked better in everyone else's minds, except for Crimson.

Stef and Ember described how Lucifer looked, Camille and Clairece had to admit, from their description He was pretty hot. But He was dangerous.

After realizing one of my not so secret powers, they started thinking about what God looks like. Myself, God and the afterlife in general is whatever you want us to be. Sometimes it was good, sometimes it was bad. Anyway, I'm bored of hearing about God. Let's give the kiddos their next assignments, shall we?