Chapter 4: Start of the Pack

Magsimula sa umpisa

I looked for a place to sit, since hybrids and humans aren't allowed to sit together. I found a place, and to my surprise, there were four kids sitting there already. They noticed me and waved me over. I smiled and walked over to them, waving to Rob as I passed.

"Hey Frags!" One of the guys said. I knew his name as Pete Hutt. He was a slime hybrid who was one of my best friends before the Squid Army attacked. His skin was light green and he had black eyes. He wore a black suit with a red tie and a red cap.

"Hey Hutt!" I joked back. When we were little kids, we found each others last names funny. We then decided to call each other by each other's last name. It was our little joke.

"It's great to see you again bro!" Pete said jumping up and giving me a hug. I hugged back and looked at the other people who sat in this section. Two boys and a girl sat in a circle smiling as me and Pete hugged.

"So Hutt," I said, pulling away from the hug, "Who are these guys?"

"Oh! Let me introduce you! From the left over we have Red, Tiffany, or as we like to call her Cupquake, and Choco. Red and Cupquake are Enderman hybrids and Choco is, as you can see, a yellow bird." Pete finished up, the guys waving their hands at me.

"Well guys, my name is Preston Frags. You can call me Preston. Hutt here is the only one who can call me by my last name." I said playfully jabbing him in the ribs with my elbow.

We continued to talk to each other until one of the wizards stepped up to the podium and asked for silence. The entire auditorium went silent as the wizard began to talk.

"Welcome everybody to the Destiny Ceremony! My name is Waglington and these are my fellow wizards, CaptainSparklez, FireFoxx, Jericho, and Syndicate. But please, call us Wag, Sparklez, and Syn. The other two don't have a shorter nickname for their names so, yeah. Anyway, let's begin the ceremony shall we?" Wag wore a simple grey and red robe with a hood. The hood was up on his head, hiding his eyes but still showed his mouth. His skin color was a misty grey color.

Applause and cheers rang throughout the entire auditorium. Wag and his fellow wizards stepped forward, so that they were all in a line along the edge of the stage. All five thrust their hands out palm facing up. They started to chant words in an unknown language. Different colored mist flew from each of their hands. Purple for Sparklez, red for Wag, green for Syn, orange for Firefoxx, and light blue for Jericho. The mist came together and rushed towards the ceiling. Before it hit the ceiling, the mist swarm exploded into a giant firework of color. Everyone watched in awe as the mist fell from the ceiling and fell among the crowd. Everyone started to clap and cheer again as the wizards put their hands down and smiled. They all stepped back and walked towards the podium. It was now Syn, a zombie hybrid in a suit, who addressed the crowd.

"And now ladies and gents, we shall begin the ceremony. When I call your name, you will come up to the stage, approach FireFoxx who will give you a potion to drink. Once you drink the potion, you will get a glimpse of what the future has in store for ya. And don't worry, Mr. Sparkly pants here will be in the vision with you. He will be able to see what you see. Now, without further ado, let's begin with the ceremony!"

~Lachlan's POV~

"Now without further ado, let's begin the ceremony!"

Me, Vikk, and Ali were chatting to each other about what we thought our destinies would be. We joked around while people one by one went up to the stage and drank the potion. Some went back to their seats either happy, sad, or angry about their destinies.

"Lachlan Craft. Please come up to the stage."

I froze mid-sentence. It was my turn. I slowly got up from my chair and made my way towards the stage. I climbed the stairs two by two, wanting to get it over with fast. I approached the one Syn and called Mr. Sparkly pants. A weird nickname. It was a man no older than 20, who had black hair styled to the side and hazel eyes hidden behind red rimmed sunglasses. He wore a white t-shirt with a black jacket as well as black shoes and pants. He smiled at me before FireFoxx came up next to him. She had bright green eyes and light brown hair with red colored tips. She wore red shorts, a white t-shirt under a orange jacket, and orange tennis shoes. Her hood was down to reveal white and orange fox ears, with a same colored tail waving behind her. She smiled at me as she handed me a neon blue colored potion. I took the potion, and in one gulp, drank the potion. My vision slowly became over-run with black spots. Before my vision was completely over-run though, I felt a hand on my shoulder. Knowing it was Sparklez, I calmed down. Then together, we entered the vision that would show my destiny.