Chapter 37-Sherlock's POV

THE PRISON. 11:30 AM

I sat on the uncomfortable bench as I waited for Lestrade and John to bail me out of jail. I have to admit, I never thought I'd end up behind the bars after so many years of putting others behind them.

I stared at the ground until I heard voices and footsteps coming down the hallway. The door opened and I saw Lestrade, John, and Mrs. Hudson walk into the room.

"Oh, Sherlock, what have you done this time?" Mrs. Hudson asked worriedly.

"Apparently the airport has no respect for police business." I muttered.

Lestrade rolled his eyes and crossed his arms in front of his chest. "Having a gun in your waistband isn't considered police business, Sherlock." He said.

"Then what do you call yourself, Lestrade?" I asked.

Lestrade opened his mouth as if he were about to retort but John stepped between us. "Come on, Sherlock. Let's go back to the flat. Then maybe you'll tell me the whole story."

"You paid the fee?" I asked.

"Yes." John replied.

I looked at the three of them, shocked. "Oh...thank you." I said.

They nodded and an officer came in to unlock my cage. I felt like a trapped dog in there. Hopefully I never end up in there again.

221B BAKER STREET. 12:00 PM.

I laid on the couch as usual while John made tea for the both of us. I eyed my phone, deciding whether to call or not. No, a flight from here to America would take at least seven hours and thirty minutes. That plane was headed for New York so it would take just a bit longer than that.

My phone was taunting me and the longer I looked at it, the more tempted I was to call. Who knows if she would even answer. Maybe she left because of me...

"You're thinking about her, aren't you?" John asked with a small smirk on his lips.

"No." I lied.

"Yes you are. I can see it in your face." John replied.

"Why are you staring at my face?" I asked, glancing up at him.

John paused before saying, "Well where am I suppose to look?" I raised an eyebrow at him and he just shook his head and stopped talking to take a sip of his tea.

My phone rang and I flipped off the couch as I tried to reach for it. I landed on the floor on my stomach. I grabbed the phone while John watched me with a flustered expression on his face. "Hello?" I answered.

"Sherlock? What happened earlier? I heard you were arrested." Mycroft's voice was the last thing I was hoping to hear.

"Getting behind on the news, Myrcoft? You're getting lazy." I commented.

"I know about Maggie. No need to get your trousers in a twist over it." Mycroft mocked.

I glared at the wall even though I knew he couldn't see me. "Do you know why?" I asked reluctantly.

"No. I haven't been informed of anything. I hear you made quite a scene trying to get to her though." Mycroft laughed shortly.

"What's your point, Mycroft? Why are you calling me when you are so busy?" I asked sarcastically.

"I called to let you know that I need the evidence for the hearse case. I believe you had a camera film the confession?" Mycroft assumed.

"Fine. I'll go get it." I hung up on him and looked for the camera.