Chapter 29-Sherlock's POV

We went round the back of the flat building quietly other than the sound of John's heavy and annoying footsteps. "John! Walk quieter than that! You sound like a pregnant elephant with your constant stomping about." I whispered harshly.

John didn't reply but his footsteps let up just a bit. Better than nothing but still extremely annoying.

I tried the doorknob. Locked. (A/N) Haha the door is SHERLocked ;) ) I cursed under my breath and looked around for a pin of some sort to pick the lock.

Maggie suddenly moved forward and pulled a pin out of her hair, making a few loose strands fall in front of her face.

She bent down and stuck the pin into the lock. She moved the pin around for a while before the lock finally gave way and clicked open.

"What would you boys do without me?" Maggie said with a smirk on her lips.

"We'd be stuck out here for a long time." John said with a scared tone to his voice.

I scoffed at John's uneasiness and opened the door to the building.

We entered the building and I scanned the area. We were in a store room of kinds. I looked closely around and noticed a door hidden behind a very large stack of cardboard boxes. I waved for Maggie and John to followed me quietly over to the barely noticeable door.

I stood in front of the stack of boxes that went over my head and turned to look at John. "John, move these boxes out of the way." I said. John gave me a questioning look.

"What? You can't lift the boxes yourself?" John asked. God, he is so stubborn sometimes.

"Would you rather wait outside and be our lookout?" I asked.

John glared at me before letting out a frustrated sigh, "Fine. Fine. I will move your bloody boxes for you." He muttered angrily.

"Thank you." I said with just a hint of sarcasm in my voice.

"Anything for you, Princess." John practically snarled at me. God, John, it's just a couple boxes.

"I think you're mistaking me for my brother." I said.

John tried to keep a straight face but I could see a hint of amusement on his face. He lifted the first box carefully and moved it aside before continuing to do the same with the other cardboard boxes.

I moved my attention away from John and looked to Maggie. She hadn't talked since we got inside and I felt a small twinge of...worry? Why was I worried? She's always been able to take care of herself. What's broken through her armor?

I observed over her, trying to deduce her problem.

A slight tremor in her hands. Couldn't be that she's cold. No draft was entering the overall warm storage room. Frightened of something...or someone. Her eyes avoid my own and she keeps her gaze on the floor or straight ahead. Did I do something? Nothing that I can recall. Nervous. definitely nervous. But what about?

None of my other deductions helped me find out her unusual quietness. I gave up and stored it to the back of my mind. I need to focus on the case now.

"All done." John announced triumphantly. He wiped a small amount of sweat off his eyebrows with his sleeve.

"Thank you, John." I glanced at the door before continuing. "It's just a closet, it's no use to us. Ah, here's the door to the front room." I walked over to the door about ten feet away from the closet door and opened it to reveal the front room.

"Aren't you coming?" I asked John who had a look of anger and annoyance on his face. He muttered something along the lines of, "I'm gonna kill you later." Oh, what fun. I envy the person who gets to investigate my own murder. It seems like it'd be extremely interesting.