Chapter 24-Maggie's POV

(A/N) Again, this is my version of a case based off the title 'The Empty Hearse' it will not be what happens in the show since it hasn't come out yet.

Maggie's POV

Sherlock and I slid into Mycroft's car with his assistant texting on her phone as usual. Seriously, how have her fingers not fallen off already?

The ride was silent. Nobody talked, nor did anyone care. Each of us were lost in our own thoughts.

Sherlock had changed into his fresh, clean clothes and the scent of his shampoo filled the car. His hair was still wet and his curls stuck up everywhere. His scarf was secured tightly around his neck and his hand was under his chin as he looked out the window.

Once we arrive, I eagerly looked out the windows to see an old hearse with the back doors wide open and a reporter was talking to her cameraman. A police officer was asking the driver of the hearse questions. The first thing I noticed was that the back was empty. No coffin. Nothing.

I followed Sherlock out of the car before it had even come to a full stop. I guess he's as excited as me for an interesting case.

I spotted Lestrade talking to Sally Donovan and strode over to them with Sherlock on my heels.

"Well, Lestrade, you didn't think to call me about this case? Even Mycroft thought it was worth my time." Sherlock said as we approached the two.

Lestrade looked over to answer but his voice caught in his throat when he saw Sherlock standing beside me casually. Completely alive.

"But, wait, you're-you're dead!" Sally exclaimed once she had found her voice.

"You're disappointed. My death had nothing to do with you." Sherlock simply dismissed her with a wave of his hand. "However, it did include Lestrade." Sherlock muttered under his breath, soft enough for only me to hear him.

Lestrade was still frozen but managed to clear his throat. "I-I, how are you-, oh never mind." Lestrade stuttered and ran a hand through his greying hair. Sherlock lips curled into a barely noticeable grin as Lestrade tried to put. his mind right.

"I'm back. Now about this case..." Sherlock's voice wandered off and he looked expectantly at the old, black hearse that was surrounded by policemen and detectives.

Lestrade opened his mouth to say something but gave up and waved for Sherlock and I to follow him. Sherlock and I followed obediently and I didn't bother to hide my satisfied smile at Sally Donovan's look of sheer terror and shock. Sherlock was grinning as well.

"Have you found anything on it?" I asked Lestrade as he was still staring at Sherlock like if he looked away for a split second he would disappear.

"Hmm? Oh, well...no. There's absolutely nothing on it that shows any sign of theft or any sign of anybody being in there in the first place." Lestrade said with confusion clear in his voice.

"So you think somebody stole the coffin and body from the hearse before it made it to the funeral home?" I asked and stepped closer to the old hearse. Lestrade nodded in reply. I turned from looking at Lestrade and look at the dark inside of the hearse.

The stars were bright in the sky as it was 9:30 pm at least. The moon was almost full and lit up the surrounding area enough to see.

I knelt down beside Sherlock and observed the hearse.

There were no footprints in the bed of the hearse and no fingerprints that I could see. Everything seemed to be in perfect condition and hardly touched. The floor on which the coffin should have been was unmarked. Not a single scratch in sight. No dirt, footprints, fingerprints, or scratched. It's almost as if the whole thing was brand new.