Chapter 29: Finding the truth

Teresa looked at her daughter.
"Hey Nat, what's going on?"
Noah walked up beside his sister.
She turned to him and gave him the files.
"What the?"
He looked up at his mother. She opened her mouth to speak but a scream roamed the halls.
"Emma."
Natalie and Noah ran past there mother and ran to the scream.
"Emma!"
She came running out of the bathroom pushing herself against the wall. She rolled down and put her hands through her hair.
"Will...he's popping up in my head, with his head split apart."
"It wasn't Will."
Noah said.
"I know that but I just see Will...Everytime."
"Come on let's get you checked out. Maybe you hit your head when you fell from the tree."
Natalie helped Emma up.
"Kieran!"
"Emma."
She hugged Kieran.
"I heard you scream."
"Kieran, take her to see a doctor. She keeps seeing Will...with his head split open."
He rubs her shoulder and nods. He takes her down the hall.
Noah gives the files back to her sister.
"Jake wanted you...that's why I came to see you."
"Thanks Noah...I'm gonna look through these files and see who this person is."
"Why don't we know about your twin?"
"I don't know but I will find out.
She passed her brother and went into room 214.
Jake was standing putting his clothes on, he had no shirt on but he was about to when he looked at her.
"Oh sorry. I was ment to knock."
"It's cool..."
He slides his shirt on and grabs his bag.
"Your leaving?"
"They said I could go home so."
"Okay."
"Whats that in your hand?"
He pointed to the files.
"Um."
She put them behind her.
"Stupid things my mother gave me. I'll tell you later just go home and rest okay."
He looked at her confused and he walked out anyway with no questions asked.
She sat down on the bed and flipped through the files again. She saw a something stuck to the back of picture of the twins.
She took it off and looked at it. It was another photo.
A photo of my mother holding one baby.
Red marker scratched out my mother's face and there was a red line across of the baby's throat. Red text was on the back of the photo.
"Our mother threw me away like a rag doll, I had one disability and she didn't want me. You got the great life while I lived in a shack with a red roof on the edge of Alberta. Twin sis, I'll get my revenge."
She looked up at the door and my mother was standing there.
Tears appeared in Natalies eyes. While Teresa were dry.
"You threw my twin out like a rag doll because they had a disability!"
She stood there and her face saddened.
"Yes. Your twin had a deformed face...I...I didn't want that, not for her. The nurse took them and put in an orphanage."
"Why would you do that!"
"Because your father was Brandon James I only took the one who didn't look like him!"
She yelled. Natalie stood up and shook her head.
"So all that time you gave me a fake father when it was actually Brandon...was my twin a boy or girl."
"I didn't check..."
"When I throught you were the greatest person in this world...that's lies, your a monster."
She passed her mother and ran out. She grabbed her phone and she was shaking.
"Jake..."
"Nat? What's wrong."
"Can I come sleep at your place for abit. If that's okay with your parents."
"Yeah...come over."
"Great thanks."
She hung up and drove home. She entered the house and Richard was sitting on the sofa watching breaking bad.
"I'm going to sleep at a friends house for abit. Ask your wife for more information."
Natalie said to him. She ran up the stairs and packed as much as she could in and suitcase and ran out the house.
"Nat!"
Richard called her name but she didn't care. She got into her car and drove to Jakes house. Tears ran down her face the whole time.

...

She knocked on his door and Jake appeared when opening it.
"Jake..."
She dove inside and hugged him. He paused a second, then he put his arms around his gently making sure his wound dosent hurt.
They stood there for minutes just hugging and nothing else.