Greatness is Over-Rated

Prologue: Greatness is Over-Rated.

Nix|

"Nix, you are the best to ever do it, in many peoples opinion

"Nix, you are the best to ever do it, in many peoples opinion. You have been only rapping for only 7 years and have 4 successful albums. All went platinum. Over a combined 1.2 Billion records sold. You are up there with the greats, so why stop now?" My Agent told me for the fifth time in 20 Minutes as my driver drove us up to Brooklyn to my record label.

"I know all of these facts, nigga. Im the one that did it. My rap skills put me at the top, but im losing myself. I barely see my child. I done did 3 tours back to back. I havent been to my home in 4 months. I have taken the world by storm and I get that, but a break is what I need."

"You wanna know why stars dont win, because they stopped. At the Award show last week you took home 9 grammy's, you beat out Kendrick Lamar, Drake, even the fucking weeknd. Stopping right now while you are hot is a mistake." He told me as I didnt even make eye contact. I looked out the window and rubbed my face and said, "John, you can stop, because I am over it. Yall got the last seven years of my life...its time for me to atleast enjoy what I have now. Im taking a vacation for this summer, so you can enjoy this time off or find someone hotter than ya' boy." The car came to a halt and the driver said, "We are here, Nix." I stepped out the car as my 3 body guards pushed the press away and I quickly made my way into the record label building. John closed the doors and I said, "Damn, its like they got a GPS on me or some shit."  I fixed my Bomer jacket as we walked over to the elevator and John pursed his lips and was twirling his pen in his hand.

"You seem nervous, its just a meeting about my interview with the radio show." The doors opened and we walked on and exhaled, "I wish it was only that. You also have a meeting with the creative team and some sound engineers to start on your next--" I cut him off and snapped, "5th album? Yall are batshit crazy. Unbroken released 6 months ago and is still number one on i-tunes. Hell No. I will talk to Jerry myself." Jerry is who runs J&D Records, he actually the man that signed me on for seven years and the reason I havent renewed my contract is because I want a break. Now John throwing this in my face.

"If you say no and without a contract...I fear they will drop you." He ran his fingers through his blonde hair and I said, "John, calm down. I pay you great money to take care of that wife and kid of yours. We dont need Jerry, Jerry needs us. If he drops me after the summer anybody will want me. Like you said...I am hot right now." The doors opened as I patted his back and we walked off. Speaking of Jerry fat ass he came out of his office and ambushed us right there in the hallway. He was smiling from ear to ear.

"So I seen the post of you on the shaderoom...whats all this about a vacation?" Jerry asked trying to be all fake, but I knew he was really pissed off.

"I am taking a summer break. Going home back to Chicago." I told him. He went into an immediate laughter and fake punching John stomach and said, "He is funny." John blurted out, "Only if he was joking. Ive been trying to talk him out of it, but he seems hellbent."