Changes

Ella's POV

I stood there as my old high school boyfriend watched his unconscious wife got hand cuffed and taken to the nearest ambulance. I watched as my old school friend got taken away and all I could think of was their two young kids how were they going to survive this. How was my old friend capable of doing all this and for what? Something she thought existed between John and I, but it was all in her mind, what happened for her to think this. I walked over to my old boyfriend and I just hugged him, while he stood there emotionless like a stone statue.
"John I'm sorry, what can I do?"
"My kids I need to get back to my kids"
And with that he turned around and left. I felt Christians warm hands rub up and down my arms I didn't know what to do where to be who to comfort I was lost, everything will change now.
"Come on baby lets take you home"
Christian guided me to the car, all I wanted to do was speak to John or Stace. What made her think I would do this to her.
"I need to speak to Stace"
"Nope you are staying far away from that crazy bitch, No!"
"But I need to..."
"No f**king way Ella you are to stay away from her she will try and kill you and I won't let that happen NO! And thats final"
Damnit he is not going to let me see her ever but I need answers.
When we got home I went straight to the guest room and locked the door I dialled John's number
"Ella?"
"Hey are you okay"
"No Ella I'm not okay, I just witnessed  my wife admit to killing people and trying to kill my old girlfriend and then watched as they shot her with a sedative, look Ella I've got to tell my kids why their mummy isn't coming home tonight so if you dont mind I want to be left in peace"
"Look John if there is anything I can do please I want to help"
"You have done enough" and then he hung up on me.
Was this really my fault all of this, did I lead John on for so many years. Did I create that monster in Stace? I unlocked the door and Christian was standing there leaning against the glass rail. I ran up to him and just hugged him for dear life.
"Hey hey are you ok"
I didn't say any thing I just hugged him.
"Baby come on lets get you something to eat"

Two days after the cemetery incident

I hadn't spoke to Christian I was in a internal turmoil over my friends, John didn't want to speak to me, no matter how many times I tried to reach out to him,  and I was forbidden to speak to Stace. I just wanted to help them but I was just another inconvenience in their life. I didn't want to eat but I force fed myself. Christian didn't pressure me into talking about it he knew eventually I would talk. But I was fed up and determine to get my answers.

I was in my childhood neighborhood the white picket fences, the well maintain gardens with the fresh coat of paint on the front veranda. I heard yelling coming from the house Johns voice and a feminine voice, I approached the door what the hell was going on. I knocked loudly hoping John and whoever it was would  stop to answer the door. When the door was thrown open.
"Ella what do you want" he sounded irritated.
John had not shaved for days he looked a mess, and his clothes were torn.
" I just came by to check on you"
"I'm fine NOW leave"
"Who is with you John"
"No one!"
"So you were yelling at yourself in a feminine voice" I pushed pass him and who did I see Mel, Staces younger sister.
"What the hell is going on here John?"
"None of your business now leave Ella"
Then I remember how Stace had said John was going to leave her because he was in love with someone else, it better not be with Mel.
"Mel what the hell are you doing here?" I asked I was pissed now
"Like he said none of your damn business Ella" she replied in a condescending tone
I looked at John " please tell me you didnt have an affair with your wife's sister JOHN"
Silence
"John why" I couldn't believe it
"Um because no one wants old they want new my sister just needs to move on the pyscopath" Mel replied
That was it I punched her face and I think I broke her nose, that ungrateful piece of shit, before I knew what was happening John pick me up and threw me out the door I tumbled down the stairs. When I recovered I had grazed my jawline and my left knee on way down. I wanted to get back up and punch John in the face, but I figured they deservevd each other.
"F**k off Ella" John yelled
"I will! but don't you ever call me, and  don't you ever contact me when Mel decides you are to old for her, you son of a b*tch you created what Stace is!  I thought it was me but it was you all this time, you played with her mind, making her feel wanted then fulfilling your own sexy desires and flaunting it in her face, you are sick the both of you. Mel how could you do this to her she loved you so much and sacrificed so much for you. You are the pyscopath not her"
Thats when I turned around and walked away I never looked back.

When I got home that night I was exhausted and so drained emotionally,  physically. Christian walked up to me and hugged me from behind when I was drinking a glass of orange juice, but he must of squeezed the wrong place because I grunted in pain. He turned me around only to see a graze on my face and my clothes torn.
"What the hell happened to you?"
"Oh John" forgetting all about the graze on my face and knee
"I'm going to kill him"
I grinned "wait in line Mr, I'm first"
I explained to him what happened today and he was flabbergasted at John and Mel. I asked again if I could see Stace but again I was denied. I will have to figure out a way to see her without Christian knowing. The next day Staces parent found out about John and Mels affair because I told them,  Staces parents are very wealthy people so Mel never had to work in her entire life but that soon changed, they financially cut off everything to Mel, removed the kids from John, and got Stace the best Lawyers.

Months later

Stace will be in jail because she did commit murder but at least it won't be for life. I dropped all charges of hit and run, kidnapping, and attempted murder. I don't blame her I blame John. But she still needed to pay the crime for killing people, which I agree she needed to pay that crime.  I found out later Christian paid John a visit and broke his nose and two ribs, apparently that was Christian waiting in line. My hero.

But the biggest surprise was yet to come from Christian.