Limelight

Ella's POV

For several months now it been wonderful, Christian and I have been in sync with each other. I'm still living with him and though I have tried to move out, so it doesn't feel like we rushed into things. But he refuses to let me out of his sight. And to be honest I love living with him, I love feeling secure with him, I feel everyone is safe and the threats have stopped.

We were at his charity fundraiser Kids in Need there was a crowd out front, I got out of the car with Derek we were passing the red carpet where all the celebrities stop to pose for photographs, when stopped to see who the celebrity was and there Christian was, all the camera's flashing, photos being taken, photographers instructing him to turn this way or that way. He looked absolutely delicious I stopped and he must of sensed me looking and caught me staring, overconfident fool he smirked his beautiful smirk and then before I knew what he was doing he walked right up to me and grabbed me by the hand and made me follow him behind the ropes. I was awestruck by his beauty. I didn't know what he was doing all I knew was I belong to him and he was mine, he looked at me and we stood there then he did the unthinkable and kissed me so passionately that I was memorized by him, it was just Christian and I no one else mattered. Then before my brain could register anything I saw lights flashing every where and people calling his name, I stopped our kiss and hid into his chest. He grabbed my chin and pecked me on the lips.
"Hey baby are you okay?"
I just nodded because for some unknown reason my voice did not work.
"Come on"
"Christian! Christian! whose the young lady?"
He turned and laughed
"Obviously my girlfriend, come on Jackson that should of been obvious, okay guys enjoy your evening"
Then he grabbed my hand and he walked us into the venue of the fundraiser.
When we were finally inside only then did it register with me
What the hell Christian just announced I was his girlfriend and he kissed me in public shit shit
"Hey whats wrong"
"Why did you do that?"
"Um I thought that was pretty obvious I love you and now I get to share you with the world"
"Oh" my mind was a blank that was so romantic and dangerous, was this a good thing I really hope so, because the last time had dire consequences.
" I love you baby please don't over think this, lets just enjoy the night together, okay" he said
He was right it wasn't about us it was about his charity for Kids in Need.
And he was right we did enjoy our night we raised over $10 million for his charity. I was so happy for him.

Weeks after that event, life became hectic for me everywhere I went photographers followed me. They took photos of me leaving his apartment, having dinner out with him. Or photos of me out shopping with Derek it just became even harder for me to be out in public. There was so many articles about where did I come from? The media managed to get a copy of their divorce, and how it had been over for many years. Even how Linda's child was no Christians. Before they discovered my name, and that I work for Christian apparently someone from the office had leaked that I work there and my name is Ella Stone.

Dwayne had called to say he was going to be in town for a movie and wanted to have breakfast. We meet at a cafe just down the road from my apartment when I saw him I was soo happy we hugged for a long time he kissed me on top of my head like he normally does. And we sat down to have breakfast. Derek was never a morning person so he slept in, Christian was out of town for business so that left me and Dwayne alone to catch up I was so happy because it gave me space for both Derek and Christian.
"So I see you have been in the papers lately you know your getting more publicly than me"
"Not funny I hate all the photos of us, I hate all this attention"
"I don't know I think it's smart"
"What do you mean? "
"Well Christian had just put you on blast"
"Shit shit I didn't even comprehend thats what he was doing that bloody adorable fool"
"Hahahaha I thought you would of figured that out by now"
"Um I was kind of distracted"
"Omg sis yuck"
"Shut it, argh so he puts me out in public so there's always eyes on me arghhh why didn't I figure that out before, I'm going to kill him"
"You two are to cute"
Dwayne was in town for a month so I got to hang out with him nearly a whole week while Christian was away. And then every now again we would meet up for dinner. I was so happy to see my brother again and in public too. Its been a long time 5 years to long.

Again Christian was away for business, I was working away and Derek was training with Greg downstairs so I had an hour before Derek was due back. During this time I had moved back to my old desk by Martins office, so he could keep an eye on me too, Christian's orders
I was reading all my emails organising my day when I didn't hear her. Linda walked right up to my desk and started screaming
"Do you know what kind of damage you have caused for me and my son!"
"Excuse me?"
"Don't act innocent you bitch! your little stunt at that charity has cost me my inheritance"
"How is that my fault? I have nothing to do with that"
"You coming out and saying your his girlfriend, has my family in an uproar, they are asking why husband has a girlfriend in the public eye with him and not me"
I felt bad for her that she had to resort to lying constantly about this fake marriage.
"Look I'm sorry but you will need to speak to Christian when he returns"
"Don't worry I will and I'll tell him just how much of a gold digger you are and he will leave you on the side of curb"
Now I couldn't help it I laughed so loud and for so long I had tears of laughter
"Okay you do that, cause he won't believe you, why because I have never taken a cent from him, Ive earnt my money the good old fashion way by working my ass off, I've never asked for a hand out ever, I am a strong independent woman I don't need a man to fulfill that for me"
I smiled
"Oh so giving head is called a job for you"
"Careful Linda, you don't want to see me angry"
"Your just another slut he plays with from time to time, we have been friends since we were kids he will always choose me over you"
"Do we have a problem here?" Said Martin as he approached us
"Fuck off Martin"
"After you Linda" he smiled
And just before she could slap him someone had grabbed her hand, Derek.
"Sorry Miss you need to leave now"
So he grabbed her and started directing her towards the elevator at the same time her screaming at him to let her go, and does he know who she is. I felt embrassed for her.
After Christian's little show of public affection things only got worst for me.