Green Grass

Ella's POV

I needed to know why Christian was treating me different and since Mexico I questioned whenever he travels overseas. We were still in California taking a much needed break from our New York life , the media had died down. But I needed to find out what had changed with him? Right now we were relax at the beach house cuddling up waiting for the sunset and enjoying each others company.
"Christian"
"Yeah baby"
"Whats happened?"
"What do you mean?"
"Well for the last few weeks you have been acting different, your up tight short tempered and worst of all distant, so whats happened?"
"Um nothing"
"Christian please if you are trying to hide things from me to protect me you are actually making it worst for everyone especially us, so whats happened"
"Okay I was hoping I never have to tell you... but after you proclaimed your love for me in front of all the media, you receive a parcel..."
"Christian what was in the parcel?"
"It was.... it was.... your mothers ring"
"What!!" They dug up my mothers grave to take her ring how could they be so callous, so vindictive. I just cried my mother who was most loving mother so attentive to me and my brother. Who gave her life for us to live was treated so inhumane how could they do this to her. My mother whom I missed every day my beautiful mother whom I love so much.
"Baby I'm so sorry I didn't want to tell you, I've been trying to find who did this and get you justice for what they did, but thats not all"
"Tell me everything"
"Well we discovered that it was from Joes soilders so who ever has been hurting you for the last few months was not Joes soilders but someone else, and we have no leads to who it is"
"Okay"
I didn't know what do I say, what did he want me to say?

For the rest of the night and day I didn't know what to say I was angry they were treating my late mothers remains with such horrid actions. I was sad because she didn't deserve any of that she was a peaceful person, loving and kind. I was angry at Christian for again keeping this from me, he promised to never do this to me and yet again we find ourselves in this situation yet again? Why does he think keeping me out of this protects me it actually makes it worst. I wonder if my brothers knew.
I went looking for Dwayne and Derek
"Hey guys"
"Hey sis whats up?"
"So did you know about mums ring?"
They looked at each other, they bloody knew okay now I'm pissed.
"Well.... " Derek hesitated
I walked out and I just kept walking I don't know how long I walked for but I found myself in front of Mum and Dads grave.  I didn't bring my mobile because to be honest I didnt feel like speaking to any of the males in my life. I was angry I was being treated like a child and I was not a child.

I sat on the beautiful patch of green grass that was in front of the headstone. Then I just cried for the loss of my parents I missed them so much I missed being around them my mothers hugs, her cooking my fathers Dad jokes they were never funny, but I laughed. The way he would make me pancakes on sundays with a happy face made with chocolate pieces. I missed them.

"Hi Ella long time no see"
I turned to see Stace with a gun pointed at me. I stood with my hands in the air on a sign of surrender
"Stace, whats going on?"
"Why couldn't you just leave my John alone?"
"Whats happening here Stace"
She didn't look good, she looked tired, why was she pointing a gun at me?
"For many years you were no longer in our lives John and I were fine and then your boyfriend goes missing and you put my John in dangers way and again he can't stop thinking about you talks about you all the time. You had your chance with him and everytime I think he loves me you come back into our lives again, I have always hated you for taking the heart of the one person I love, but he will never feel the same about me as he does for you,  I've been trying to get rid of you for a while I just had to find you first. When you came back after 5 years I followed you I wore mens pants and drove my car at you, but you survived. Then I stabbed you in mexico and again you survived, I needed help in taking you out so I  hired some bad men to try and take you out but they turned on me and hurt my John so I had to kill them. But then...John decided yesterday that he would be better off without me, I pleaded with him to let us try but he said he didn't want to be dishonest anymore that he had feelings for someone else and I knew I knew it was you again, you bitch you ruin everything good in my life I hate you"
"Stace please I am with Christian now I love him, I don't want John he was never mine to have he was always yours, I knew that then and I know it now,  maybe we can talk to him. You both have kids together we can work this out I can help you"
"NO! Its over Ella I need you to go to get out of my life for good"
"Stace" we turn to Johns voice
"John what are you doing here? Did you come to save your precious Ella again John?
"No I'm here for you honey please put down the gun"
"Hahaha Staces laugh was so evil why so you can run away with your precious Ella JOHN"
I felt someone grab me and hid me behind a tree I knew straightaway it was Christian. I turned and hugged him.
"Shhh baby we need to get you away from here, the place is surrounded"
I nodded as we slowly moved out of the way then I heard a gunshot I turned to see Stace hit the ground and John run up to her I let go of Christian and ran back to my old friend my best friend from my past. I needed to know she was okay. But I was being held back
"Its okay Baby its just a sedative we were never going to shoot her she needs help, come on lets go home"