four

Rory

Telling people was easy once word slipped out at Luke's. I just wanted to go to people in person and confirm the news that was spreading around town. There was just a handful of people left on the list before those that needed to know knew. While I was arranging plans to see my grandmother, Logan was calling the guys to see if we could all see each other soon. 

It looked like Logan and I would travel to Nantucket in five days to see Grandma and then see Colin, Robert, and Fin in New York before coming back home to Stars Hollow. We were also planning on looking for an apartment for Logan and I in New York.

I flop onto the couch after hanging up with Grandma, planning trip dates and confirming that Logan and I would stay with her, not that she knows about Logan. I pull out my laptop and start looking for plane tickets. Logan sits next to me, resting his hand on my stomach, and pulls me close to him.

"So, what was the excuse you made up for us wanting to see the guys again?" I ask him.

"Well, I told them that the two of us were back together," Logan smiles at that, "and that we needed to celebrate after years of me trying to get you back,"

"That is so sweet," I peck Logan's cheek and readjust myself so that I am closer to Logan.

"I try, Ace. What did you tell Emily?"

"I told her that I missed her and that I have exciting news," I stare intently at the computer, not wanting the reaction from Logan I know is bound to come.

"And, uh, you didn't think to say anything about me?" Logan not-so-subtly shifts a few centimeters away from me.

"I couldn't tell her over the phone, she'd freak,"

"But me randomly showing up at her house with you, pregnant with our child might I add, will be so much better,"

"Logan, it's not that simple," I sigh.

"But why? Ace, I'm giving up my family for you and this baby and told Mitchum right away what the situation was. The least you could do is tell your grandmother about me so she has time to recover and not immediately kill me when we get to Nantucket," he sighs and stands up, heading towards the kitchen.

I put the laptop down and turn, still sitting on the couch. "I'm sorry, okay? Look, Logan, I appreciate everything you're doing for us, for our family, but I don't know how I'm going to be able to muster up the courage to tell my grandma about the baby. And the fact that the father is my college boyfriend that she thinks screwed me over makes it a million times worse,"

Logan freeze before he gets to the kitchen and whispers, "Sc-screwed you over?" he turns around. "Does she really think I screwed you over?"

I nod, "Everyone kinda does," Logan's face immediately turns into one of despair. "But it's not your fault. They just wanted to make sure I was happy and the most plausible solution was hating you. That's why everyone around town was so surprised to see you with me,"

"Wow," Logan says, in the same position. "They must really worship you,"

"I'm sorry!" I stand up and walk over to Logan and wrap my arms around him. "I never asked them to overreact when it comes to me. All that matters is that I, Lorelai Gilmore, am hopelessly in love," I peck his lips, "with you,"

"Ace," Logan sighs but I kiss him to silence him. "Listen, Ace. I love that you love me, but I want your family to love me, too," 

"They totally do, but they just act like little shits most of the time," I laugh at the disscontempt evident in Logan. "Logan, everyone loves you. I promise,"

He sighs and leans in to kiss me, and I gladly oblige. "So, Huntzberger, are you ready to go to Nantucket?"

"Oh, definitely," Logan leans in to kiss me again, but I gasp and run to the bathroom, where everything in my stomach is emptied into the toilet.

I sigh and sit on the floor, resting my head on the toilet seat. Small groans of frustration come out of my mouth as I stay sitting on the floor. Being constantly sick was one of the worst things about being pregnant. And what sucked was that I never knew when I'd be sick, and I'd get a sudden urge to vomit with seconds to get ready.

Logan walked in and sat next to me, rubbing my back as I calmed down. For some reason, vomiting made me lightheaded and it always took me a minute to recover. Once I felt fine enough to stand up, I did and walked back over to my laptop in the living room.

"You okay, Ace?" Logan asks, following me.

"Yeah, it just really sucks," I shrug while sitting on the couch.

Logan sits down next to me as I log online. We first book our flights to Nantucket and New York, then start looking at apartment listings in New York. As we were looking at apartments, I had a realization.

"Oh my God," I said.

"What?" Logan asked.

"We still have to tell Paris and Doyle,"

"We can do that in New York, yeah?"

"Um, yeah. I just don't know if they're back together or not and I don't want to just assume anything,"

"Stop worrying, Ace. I can see the pro-con list forming in your head," Logan nudges me with his shoulder. I shake my head, clearing it of most of my thoughts.

"Right," I shake my head, clearing it of most of my thoughts.